“Affordable and Reasonable”

Red Roof Inn Lafayette
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Over the past few months I had business in Lafayette, and consistently stayed here, sometimes single nights and sometimes multiple nights. All the rooms that I stayed in had the same quality. Mini-fridge and microwave were available in each room I stayed in upon request of them. New amenities were a nice touch to make an older hotel look more modern. All the staff were kind and helpful. This is a reasonable hotel for the price charged. The beds are approaching their end of life, but were comfortable enough to sleep. I continued to stay at this hotel because of their reward program and ended up qualifying for a free night stay. Rooms are not sound-proof if this is important to and you could hear people passing by as they were talking, but I didn't have any issues with traffic other than cars pulling in to park.

All in all, worth $55 dollars a night when considering other options for similar price would be knights inn or similar.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
rri62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thanks for coming to share your nice experiences at our hotel with everyone here. It's our pleasure to give you the best stay at the best value and our people really make that possible. We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our accommodations to be well suited to your needs. We really appreciate your feedback as we strive for continued improvement. Thank you so much for being our valued guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Warm regards

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Lafayette

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I traveled for business for many years. In 2008 the company I worked for made it mandatory to stay at Red Roof Inn's whenever possible. For the most part these were some of the worst places I have ever stayed in. I wasn't used to staying @ Hilton's, the Ritz or etc. But I did like a nice comfortable room. I even walked out of a Red Roof Inn in Overland Park,KS because of a large blood stain on the carpet. I live here in Lafayette, IN and was having all my plumbing replaced & needed a place to stay last night. Red Roof Inn was not a consideration due to my past experience with the chain. My wife talked me into going there as she worked there several years ago and said it was nice then. WOW!!! What an eye opener!! Flat screen TV, newer thick towels, king size very comfortable bed. Great breakfast this morning!! I just say enough nice things about this place. Didn't catch the names of the manager or owner but THANKS SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If staying in Lafayette, In. Stay here. Great value for your money.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick M
rri62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thanks so much for sharing your good experience with your fellow travelers! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and especially that we had the chance to change your mind about us for the better. We've gone a long way towards improving our property and we love it when it gets noticed. It's our pleasure to give you the best stay at the best value and our people really make that possible. We really appreciate your feedback as we strive for continued improvement. Thank you for being out valued guest and please come see us again the next time you find yourself in need.

Warm Regards,
Red Roof Lafayette Team.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We booked this hotel thru expedia at 12 midnight for a stay due to having an ill family member in the hospital. The reservation was not received and I was responsible for calling Expedia because they didn't receive the confirmation. This should have been my first indication. Expedia had to email and fax twice for them to receive the reservation. The girl at the front desk was very kind and apologetic.
The room was average for a motel. New furnishings uncomfortable bed.
We called to cancel the reservation for the following night and were assured that we would be refunded. Now I have a charge for on my credit card for the night we canceled. After two exhausting hours on the phone, Mr. Brian Patel refuses to allow Expedia to refund our monies. After wishing us well with our family member he will not release the funds and states we were no shows!. I sure hope that the $44 dollars was beneficial to him. I will make it my mission for people to know what a lousy business man he is. One person with a good experience might tell one person, one person with a bad experience will tell hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds. I have reported this to Red Roof Corporate due to his rudeness.
#1 waited for reservation to be received for which I had to call Expedia
#2, Received a receipt from the hotel for $44 for the night yet charged $62
#3 Confirmed our cancellation, wished our family member is well, but conveniently forgot to follow through.
#4 No where on the Expedia invoice does it say to call Expedia to cancel. Mr. Patel says he informs his guests to call them. He did not.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 441freqtraveler
rri62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with your Expedia booking! Unfortunately, We advised you cancel the reservation directly with Expedia. it is Expedia's policy to require all their bookings be handled by their agents exclusively. Hotel representatives don't have access to any information about your booking beyond your name, the room type selected, and the date of your stay. Everything else, including the payment and amount they collected from you, is kept secure in their system and not shared with the hotel. This is why when Expedia books a room on your behalf, it must be sent electronically from their system to the hotels system and can't be redeemed until received. Expedia advises that this process can take up to 4 hours to complete, so it’s not the best option for a last minute booking. All of this information is available on the terms and conditions section of their website, although they could certainly make it a little easier to find. I'm very sorry that, as Expedia is their own independent company, we are not able to control how they communicate and interact with their customers or their willingness to honor a refund, despite that those customers are also our guests. We definitely don't wish for any of our guests to be hassled the way you have. Please accept our sincere apologies for that.
We can guarantee that if you book with our hotel directly in the future, we will be able to help you with all aspects of your booking and ensure that your experience is the pleasant one that you deserve as our valued guest.
Warm Regards,
Red Roof Lafayette Team

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed at this location Tuesday night. Planned to stay Wednesday night as well but went elsewhere. Overall room was nice BUT when I checked in reservation was messed up. Needed a first floor room due to handicap with me. They were putting us on 2nd floor. Took threatening to go elsewhere to get room changed. When I got to room there was a dirty water glass in plain sight on nightstand. Bathroom had a musty smell, but I decided to stay anyway. Left a wakeup call and never got it. Later even though the privacy sign was out housekeeping walked in without knocking. After that decided to leave, even after paying for extra night. When I went to office the manager tried to say my wife reserved 3 rooms. WE DID NOT took threat of me calling police for attempted fraud to get him to find his "mistake" and correct it. This made an already stressful medical trip unbearable. Rest assured If I could give then a zero rating I would have! I will never use this chain again and will advise others not to as well.Hopefully trip advisor won't delete this review.

Room Tip: Holiday Inn a couple miles away is 100% better.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Don K
rri62, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations at a good and competitive value. I am sorry you were not fully satisfied with the service you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer. I hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay the best as it can be.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

This place has very clean rooms...the bed was very comfortable ...the towels were new looking...the breakfast was good...waffles..bagels...cereal...muffins...coffee and juice...wifi and tv were really good...the only fault I had and it wasnt the room...we work at night and so trying to sleep during the day was a little hard...it was so noisy outside with the traffic and people walking by....but it was close to our work..walmart and several restaurants..

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
rri62, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Red Roof Inn, Lafayette. We're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal has always been to provide the best possible value in the few amenities we do have, while working to add to them. From you comments it sounds like we are succeeding and we really appreciate the feedback. Thank you so much for being our valued guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I really like what they have done with this property. You can tell a lot of time and work was done on the renovations. The furniture is modern.I like the raised wash basin. Everything in the room worked well. I like that this property has breakfast, which does the food budget well as I am on the road.The staff is friendly and attentive.From the time I pulled up to the property and was in the room.....less than ten minutes.I recommend the Red Roof Lafayette.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
rri62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. After all the work we've done to improve our facility, comments like yours are so rewarding for us! We really appreciate when our guests go on their way with such nice things to say. Everyone here truly loves to make our guests feel welcome and well cared for and I’ll be sure to share your comments with the team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone here. Come see us again next time your travels bring you this way!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The room was clean and nice. There appeared to be burn marks from a light fixture, which was kind of weird, but nothing to complain about too much. They had continental breakfast including a waffle maker. The location is nice. My only complaint would be it doesn't have indoor corridors, which I prefer in a hotel. But it was fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
rri62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel. It's our pleasure to give you a good stay at a good value and our people really make that possible. I'm glad you found our accommodations to be well suited to your needs. Thank you so much for being our valued guest. I hope you'll visit us again the next time your travels bring you our way.
Warm regards