“Great price, nice place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Lafayette

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Roof Inn Lafayette
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette
Fort Wayne
“Great price, nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed at this Red Roof Inn for two nights. The room was on the small side but very nice. It appeared that the room had indeed been remodeled recently, with a big flat panel tv and modern looking sink. The room seemed to be exceptionally clean. The only problem I had is that the front door didn't seal tight, letting in a lot of cold air on a night that was cold and extremely windy, so I stuffed a towel in the crack. To be fair, I didn't notice any problem on the first night, when the weather was much milder; and I didn't report the problem to the front desk. The price of the room was certainly attractive (and the make-your-own-waffle breakfast was a big plus for me). Overall, I would recommend this motel, and I plan to stay here again when I return to Lafayette.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
rri62, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Red Roof Inn, Lafayette. We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our accommodations to be well suited to your needs. Your feedback is very important to us as we strive to give every guest the best experience possible. Thank you so much for being our valued guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We got into town and found no rooms available at most hotel/motels because of a conference. After driving around we were happy to find Red Roof Inn still had rooms available and took a king-size for $55. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room but smelled of smoke. I was not delighted but this seems to be par for the course at motels. The room and bathroom looked very clean, and the bed was comfortable. There was a refrigerator but no microwave as advertised - the manager said he could add one but we declined as by that time we just wanted to get to sleep. So... things were going ok until the morning when I saw 3 tiny ants on the bathroom floor. As my husband pointed out, ants in winter is not a great sign. We got out of there as soon as we could.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marisa E
rri62, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I apologize for your experience while visiting our inn. Cleanliness is a very important concern to us and I'm glad you found your room to be well kept and the bed comfortable. Unfortunately, despite having done an extensive remodel, there are still some challenges we face doing business in a 30+ year old building. Like any other older building, it is prone to the occasional insect visitor. We do the best we can to stay ahead of it, and are successful in eradicating all but the most harmless of insects, with frequent visits from the exterminator. We are committed to giving every guest the best experience possible and I am sorry we fell short this time. Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback and I hope for the opportunity in the future to provide the level of service you were expecting.
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

About half the Red Roofs that I have stayed at have been remodeled. This is one of them. I had a room upstairs. It was very quiet after housekeeping and their children left.

Inside is much better than it looks on the outside. New carpet, nice furniture, very nice vanity with a cool, modern sink. The shower was nice and hot.

BREAKFAST! Most Red Roofs do not offer breakfast. This was a nice surprise including Hot waffles.

My only problem was that at 5:45 AM a trash truck banging the dumpster woke me up.

Nice little place for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
rri62, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip and our convenient location to. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to provide you with great service and we hope to see you again soon.
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here overnight during a lengthy trip. I found the room to be very clean, and it looked like it had been renovated recently, which I appreciate! I found this hotel to be well worth the money, and the staff were very polite. I always appreciate being able to stay somewhere decent and clean with my poochies!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
rri62, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Excellent hotel to break up a long trip. Just needed a place to rest with my dog, and then get back on the road. Location is surrounded by shopping and restaurants. Room was clean, and staff was polite and helpful. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rri62, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Westlake, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

The best thing about this Red Roof Inn, is that it is close to great restaurants and shopping. My first night the television did not work and the second night my room was freezing. I turned the heater onto 80 and it did not help. I requested another room but was told that all of the unoccupied rooms were cold as well. It was 28 degrees outside.
I decided that it just was not worth it and checked out of the motel. I went to Baymont Inn and was delighted. The rooms were large with king size bed. There was a sofa and coffee table along with a working television. The bathroom had a jet tub. Can you believe that I only paid 79.00 per night. My first question to the front desk at the Baymont Inn, was do you have heat. "Yes we do all of our rooms have heat". Now that's customer service and it makes since.

Room Tip: Request heat in your room at the time of reservation during the winter months.