“Will never return”

Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette
Hammond, Indiana
“Will never return”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Came here for work. Walked in to this hotel after attempting to find it for over 10 minutes. The entrance is hidden, very difficult to find, and this hotel sits behind the dirtiest motel 6 ever. When I looked out of my room window, I could clearly see that there was a drug dealer staying at the motel 6. There were people walking up to the room, not even opening the door all the way and then leaving, this same thing occured 4 times in one night. The front desk help was not very helpful at all. No housekeeper on staff to bring towels and empty the garbage after I got off of work for the day. I called the front desk and they suggested for me to bring my own garbage down, pick up my own new garbage bags, and fresh towels because she stated that she was the only employee there. When I walked down to get my own items, her, her boyfriend, and his friends were all talking in the lobby. The next morning, I walked down to have breakfast and there were numerous friends of the front desk employee sitting in the lobby eating breakfast. This discouraged me from even seeing what they had for their "contintental breakfast." Trying to sleep at night is a joke. All night long you can hear people running through the halls, clearly drunk. People that were staying upstairs sounded like they were going to come through the floor. Overall, this stay was horrible. I will never stay here again and I am also letting the company I work for know about these incidents in hopes that Days Inn will never be an option for any of our staff to stay at again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jamie B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Facilities were excellent for the price. It was a little difficult to find from the highway and to figure out which streets to take that did not deadend in another hotels parking lot. I was surprised that coffee spilled in the elevator at 9 in the evening had been left to dry and was still there at 7 in the morning. One of the two queen beds sloped toward the middle.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Shawano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

The front desk ladies were especially hospitable in arrival. Checkin was very efficient. Complimentary dinner was served next door. It was the same hospitality there. The room is spacious and light. The bathroom is very large. Overall very nice.

• Stayed March 2013
New Castle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Room was clean, bed was comfortable, would have been nice to have an updated tv that wasn't placed so high (remote didn't work well). Front desk clerk was extremely rude, I didn't feel welcome at all and didn't feel like I could ask her for anything during my stay there. Check-in is at 3pm, I arrived at 3:30. I was told that my room wasn't ready yet. I said that was disappointing and that I was told I could check in at 3 when I made the reservation. She said everyone's check-in time is at 3. I said I needed to get some rest after driving 2 hrs to get there for a 2 am softball game. She said well, I have 70 rooms to get clean and not enough staff to do it. Extremely rude. She then said she could put me in a handicap room, I said that was fine and she did so. The next morning when I walked out to my car she was standing right in front of the door smoking. Guests shouldn't have to walk through that. As she was cleaning and refilling the breakfast area, she didn't say one word to the guests. I really don't feel it is my concern about her staffing issues. We will be in Lafayette another time or two with out team to play softball at the sports complex this season. I can't speak for the rest of the team (around 10 rooms), but I will not be staying at Days Inn next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends