All reviewsqueen size bedfountain drinksfull sizewould stay here againroad constructionrecommend this hotelnice hotelyogurtthe breakfast areabeds were comfortablestaff was friendlyplatinumhallwayinterstate
Reviewed December 27, 2010

This was my 3rd stay here, for my annual Purdue pilgrimage. The staff was pleasant as always, everyone makes me feel like a welcomed guest, not some stranger passing through.
The room is arranged like a studio and the room was clean, and the heat worked well on cold Boilermaker night.

The negatives are in the lobby area. The free access computer has the wrong chair with the elevated countertop. Right next to this is a beautiful fireplace. However, the lady on duty said either;1) only the manager could turn on the fireplace or; 2) the fireplace is inoperative. When the temperature is 10 degrees outside, a nice fireplace would have been nice instead of a decoration.

Otherwise another good Marriott property/

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Our stay was great, staff was very helpful and room was clean and comfortable. Couldn't asked for a better hotel. Staff was very pleasant and greeted us every time we entered with a cheerful hello.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2010

We were traveling from North Carolina to Alaska and decided to stay here for the night. Our major concern was finding a pet friendly hotel that wasn't a dive. We were traveling with three huskies so we knew it would be slim pickings. We choose the Staybridge after seeing mostly positive reviews and it being apart of the Marriot chain. I was told it would be a $75 fee for pets regardless if we had one 5 pound dog or three 50 pound dogs. Not a fan of the price, but it is what it is.
They were very nice at the desk when i called to reserve the room. They gave us a ground floor room. The room was very clean and spacious. However, I was suprised to see it looked quite oudated. Not what I expected for paying almost $200 a night with a government discount.. It was located near many fast food places.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Pros: Clean and spacious rooms, friendly check-in. Soft mattress-this was a pro for me but would not be good for someone who prefers harder mattresses. Small kitchenette for cooking, full refigerator, microwave.
Computer in lobby, complimentary breakfast.
Near shopping and restaurants, right off of highway.
Small pool and fitness room, though did not use.

Cons: Air conditioning unit was loud and unable to turn it down to a lower setting.
Didn't clean our room until 5pm after we returned from being out all day and had to call housekeeping to ask them to clean it.
Found a spot on bed-sheet of unknown origin after we checked in, although they did change it promptly after we called it to their attention.
Room dated-showing its wear. VCR rather than DVD for TV-also couldn't swivel TV if wanted to watch in bed or on the couch.
No lighting on one side of the bed for reading.
No parking was available in front one night, so we had to park in back of hotel and our keycard did not work in that entrance.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2010

We just finished a stay at this hotel and it was nice, but the a/c units in our room made it difficult to sleep or get comfortable here. We arrived later in the day and the room was ready, but even though the hotel looks new, the room we stayed in shows more age than the property indicates. The air conditioning units have a separate manual control that will only get you close to a temperature. Then when the unit turns on it is very powerful and caused me to cover myself on one side since it blows directly onto the bed (which I agree with other reviews, it is too soft). Then once the room is cool the unit shuts down for a long period until it gets too hot, then the unit turns on and freezes me. So this caused me not to sleep well at all. My children also were complaining of the pull out sofa bed. Now these are usually not comfortable, but this one was especially thin, so that you could really feel the bars under this bed, and it had the same problem with the a/c unit right next to it, blowing on them heavily.

When we arrived we needed more towels and a pillow. After calling the front desk they said that they would bring it up, but when we returned to the room it was not there. When I called again they said that they came up and knocked but since we were not in the room they just left without putting it in the room. I thought that this was a bit surprising.

We went down and had breakfast both days which was good, with very friendly staff there. I would have like better quality towels, as these are very thin. I was also surprised that the vanity mirror in the bathroom had the mirror missing, although the frame was still there.

I had hoped for a better quality room and amenities when I booked this since we had better stays with Residence Inns before, and we like the larger rooms with a kitchenette in it. I am hoping for a better stay in a couple of months when I return. I would try a different Marriott, but they are already full, due to the start of the Purdue fall semester. So I will be staying a lot in this area, as my daughter is just starting her program there, and we plan on visiting there a lot.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family