All reviewsqueen size bedfountain drinksfull sizewould stay here againroad constructionrecommend this hotelnice hotelyogurtthe breakfast areabeds were comfortablestaff was friendlyplatinumhallwayinterstate
Reviewed July 1, 2010

We just finished a stay at this hotel and it was nice, but the a/c units in our room made it difficult to sleep or get comfortable here. We arrived later in the day and the room was ready, but even though the hotel looks new, the room we stayed in shows more age than the property indicates. The air conditioning units have a separate manual control that will only get you close to a temperature. Then when the unit turns on it is very powerful and caused me to cover myself on one side since it blows directly onto the bed (which I agree with other reviews, it is too soft). Then once the room is cool the unit shuts down for a long period until it gets too hot, then the unit turns on and freezes me. So this caused me not to sleep well at all. My children also were complaining of the pull out sofa bed. Now these are usually not comfortable, but this one was especially thin, so that you could really feel the bars under this bed, and it had the same problem with the a/c unit right next to it, blowing on them heavily.

When we arrived we needed more towels and a pillow. After calling the front desk they said that they would bring it up, but when we returned to the room it was not there. When I called again they said that they came up and knocked but since we were not in the room they just left without putting it in the room. I thought that this was a bit surprising.

We went down and had breakfast both days which was good, with very friendly staff there. I would have like better quality towels, as these are very thin. I was also surprised that the vanity mirror in the bathroom had the mirror missing, although the frame was still there.

I had hoped for a better quality room and amenities when I booked this since we had better stays with Residence Inns before, and we like the larger rooms with a kitchenette in it. I am hoping for a better stay in a couple of months when I return. I would try a different Marriott, but they are already full, due to the start of the Purdue fall semester. So I will be staying a lot in this area, as my daughter is just starting her program there, and we plan on visiting there a lot.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2010

This was my family's 5th stay here, I believe. This time, we arrived with our dog, and the staff put us in a room that was right by the exit, on the first floor, so a great location when traveling with a dog.

The breakfast was nice and what was supposed to be warm was definitely warm, and the selection was plentiful. The staff was pleasant as always, everyone makes me feel like a welcomed guest, not some stranger passing through. The staff at this hotel really is the reason we keep coming back when visiting in the Purdue area.

The grounds are well maintained, and the pool and hot tub were perfect temperatures! There were plenty of towels to be had by the pool, even at 9:00 in the evening. Sadly, the jets still don't seem to be working properly in the hot tub, and the filter in the pool needs to work a bit more efficiently to clean out the debris, but it was not so bad that we didn't go in it!

Housekeeping seemed to be lacking a bit this time. While having a full-size fridge is great, and a working ice maker is wonderful, a previous guest had left a container of what looked like eggs and a muffin in the back of the fridge. Housekeeping should have seen that, not left it for the next guest to find.

Also, the room was very dusty, and the sink needed a better cleaning for my liking. The room could use a bit of replacing on some items, such as the mattress. Oh, there is a definite large dip in the middle of that mattress, which makes it very hard to find a comfortable sleeping position when there are two people in the bed! I did make mention of these issues to the front desk, not for any special treatment, I just wanted to let them know about the lack of housekeeping and perhaps a need of a new mattress.

Now this may have been a room that is often used for people with dogs, but other than some teeth marks on furniture edges, you would not know it. I have been in other hotel rooms that are dog-friendly, and oh do you know there was a dog there before! This room did not smell like a dog, just a regular hotel room smell was present. There were no visible stains on the carpet, another plus for a dog friendly room. Not a bad place to stay if you are traveling with your dog in Lafayette, IN!

Overall, not a bad place to stay for anyone. Sure, you will find better, newer hotels, but you will also find many that are much worse. And really, the staff at the Lafayette Towneplace Suites makes any stay here worthwhile.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sapphireChicago
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We had a wonderful stay at the TownePlace Suites in Lafayette. I didn't like the lack of parking though. The pool & hot tub were wonderful! Sherry, the lady that checked us in was very helpful! We called down to the front desk to ask for towels as soon as we arrived and they never showed up until about 9 pm, but Sherry brought them up and apologized! Very wonderful lady! I would definitely stay here again! The only other things we didn't like was the bed was way to soft, and it felt like we were sinking into the middle. Also, the remote didn't really work unless you pushed really really hard on the buttons!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank susieq06_9
Reviewed November 3, 2008

A group of 4 of us stayed here and were quite happy. The property is clean and up to date. The suite layout is spacious. I spend over half of the year in hotels, and I love finding deals like this one. Everything was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 16, 2008

This hotel is a great value. I visit Lafayette, IN about every two weeks with my 8 year old son. This hotel price includes a breakfast, dinner (Mon-Thu), a 24 hour pool and exercise facility, cable TV and wireless internet. Oh, and free coffee all day long. The room is arranged like a studio apartment, which really helps my son and I feel at home. It's great for families or business travelers alike.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)