All reviews queen size bed fountain drinks full size would stay here again road construction recommend this hotel yogurt the breakfast area staff was friendly platinum
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Room type; 2 bedroom 2 bath suite with kitchen and fireplace. Stats: Beds; comfy Bathroom; clean, roomy with all you need. Room size; large 3 room with cupboards and full kitchens Check in; speedy. Overall impression; straight off the highway, easy to find. Could easily use this room overnight or for an extended stay. Fireplace was a nice touch the room was clean and well laid out, 3 of us stayed in the room and never really got in each others way. The hot breakfast was well presented and substantial and the eating area was pleasant. The staff were friendly and efficient. Would recommend this hotel to all.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I spent 38 nights in the time period of Dec 2010 to March 2011 at the TownePlace Suites by Marriot. I was sent to the area to train new personnel and I was traveling with my husband and our Sheltie dog. The total stay included checking in and out of the hotel 4 times. My company paid for the room and I was able to get a very good corporate rate by calling the desk before I checked in the first time.

The property is excellent and the room is so very comfortable. They have a good kitchen with a full size refrigerator, three burner stove top, and microwave. The kitchen is stocked with enough equipment to make pasta dishes and to sauté most any thing. There are enough dishes and glasses for 3 people. Also, if you wanted more of anything such as forks or plates then you would only need to ask at the desk to obtain what you want.

Every morning they provide a full hot breakfast buffet that is staffed with personnel that can assist you with your meal. Most hotels have unstaffed breakfast buffets. At this property there is a person there to refill supplies and to provide the little services that can make a difference. I like Vanilla Yogurt and once the staff knew that they always put a few Vanilla Yogurts out when they saw me.

One of the nicest things that the staff did for me was to give me the same room for each of the four stays. After a while it began to feel like we were coming home each time we checked in.

If you are planning to stay in one location for an extended period, try to find a place like this.

Room tip: When planning a hotel stay call the property directly and ask questions. If you are staying at the same property for extended time periods you can get better discounts, they have waived pet fees for multiple stays [I paid one pet fee for the first stay and because our dog is well trained, the manager waived the fee for the next three stays], and ask about the differences in the rooms. At this property they had studio rooms and one bedrooms for the same price. The difference was that the one bedroom had a wall between the sitting area and the bed and the studio did not. The rooms were the same size but not having the wall gave us more floor space so I chose the studio, for more privacy you could chose the one bedroom.
Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I had the good fortune tohave picked the TownePlace Suites for my business trip to Lafayette. I was greated with a very friendly staff that went out of their way to make sure my stay there was a pleasant one. I was very pleased with the corporate rate that was offered and then was very shocked to find out that it came with a full breakfast not just donuts and juice or coffee. I was even more shocked to find out that the price included supper on Monday thru Thursday. This hotel has a small pool and hot tub along with a weight room. All of which i took advantage of. They also offered a very well laid out room with a work area and a full kitchen that provided even a dish washer. If i could find anything wrong the only things i could think of is that the hot tub had the tiles were you sat missing and the key latch into the pool did not work every time. Sometimes you had to put you card in more than one to get the door to open. A very minor thing but that was the only things i could have complained about.

Room tip: I was in several of the rooms and they all seems to be laid out simularly. I did not see a need to say one room was better than any other.
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed at the TownPlace suites for a wedding. We had two rooms. One was a two bedroom suite and the other was a one bedroom suite. The rooms were smaller than the photos displayed and the furniture was a little dated. Some of the rooms have flat screens and others did not. The fireplace in one room did not work. The breakfast was average for a hot meal breakfast. Would I go again? Maybe, it would just depend on the price.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I hadn't stayed in a hotel from this chain before, and this example didn't encourage me to do so again. The suite felt cramped in the living and sleeping areas, although provided with ample bathroom and kitchen space (which I didin't need at all). There were no flat surfaces on which to place suitcases (because there was no room). The finish of this hotel is getting tired, and I noticed crooked closet doors in the room. The TVs are old CRT types, and quite small. We enjoyed the pool and the breakfast was good. I agree with other reviewers that the mattresses were too soft and the parking is poorly organized.

Date of stay: October 2011