The LaQuinta in Lafayette is not a new building -- the desk manager told me it was a former Baymont. It probably could use more updating but for the prices they charge, you really should be satisfied with basic.
The pleasant staff should be noted and the general cleanliness is evident.
One hint. They do have an "apartment" suite with full kitchen that, on the days we were there, they offered at a pretty decent price. Plenty of room for small family gatherings such as ours. If interested, be sure to ask for it.
I would underscore the suggestion that your room be on the side away from I 65. That was really nice and quiet but those in our group with a room on the other side of the hotel did complain a bit about the highway noise.
Like most (all?) La Quinta's this one is pet friendly although they have very strict rules governing the pets in the building. One party in our group really appreciated the accommodation of pets and the others appreciated the restrictions regarding the pets that were there.
In general everyone in our group seemed satisfied with this property and for the price paid, it seemed a good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check-in at our hotel for award-winning accommodations and exceptionally friendly staff who offer the best in warm, midwestern hospitality. Situated near the junction of I-65 and State Road 26 East, stay here to visit Purdue University and area businesses or take in history that shaped the country. Rooms and suites come with many conveniences - microwave, mini-fridge, work desk and chair, free Wi-Fi and more. The free Bright Side Breakfast(R) starts the day with hearty or light fare and plenty of coffee. Relax or play in the indoor pool, and reenergize in the fitness center. The many local and national chain restaurants along State Road 26 provide lots of dining choices. Travelers often prefer lodging in this community over busy Indianapolis. Higher education, a historic downtown, Native American history and diverse natural communities come together in this city one hour north of Indianapolis. Purdue University, Ivy Tech Community College and Harrison College graduate thousands of students from around the world every year. Among the manufacturers producing products here are Caterpillar, Subaru of Indiana, and Wabash National. The Tippecanoe Battlefield played an important role in Native American history and westward expansion. Settlers founded the city about 200 years ago, and many fine examples of turn-of-the-century architecture remain downtown. The area recently introduced a new state park that highlights multiple habitats such as wildflower prairies, woodlands and tall grass. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, LaQuinta, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette Hotel Lafayette
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Lafayette
- Baymont Inn Lafayette
- Lafayette Baymont Inn