“Wanting not to stay in Indy - Lafayette was an excellent choice!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed November 6, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ynotbloom
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We payed almost 200 for a king suite. Which is higher than what we were quoted at 40 more to be exact. Then the staff was rude and not accommodating. We also had a dirty wash cloth left in our room and a dirty ice bin left in my parents room. This place was a huge disappoint for the price. The only plus was the bed was comfy! I will not be staying here again

• Stayed: November 2012
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Kimberly E, Assistant Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

I feel I need to let those inquiring persons reading this review know that this guest was never charged a wrong rate nor told a different rate. The rate this guest told me he was quoted, was never a rate we have been associated with. I personally processed this guest reservation back in September. I told him the rate for his stay, while on the phone making the reservation. After the reservation was completed and repeated back to him, I sent him a confirmation letter that was successfully sent through my computer system, on the same day to confirm his reservation. The rate when this guest made his reservation was the same rate when he checked in. Our confirmation letters list the name of guest, address, rate, arrival date, departure date, room type, and cancellation policy. I do want to thank him for choosing the Lafayette, Indiana LaQuinta Inns and Suites for his stay and hope he does return in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I thought this hotel was excellent. The room was great and very modern. The price was one of the cheapest I could find in the city. And the staff there was friendly and service was prompt. I read in other reviews that traffic from the interstate could be loud there, but I didn't experience this... However, I stayed on the side of the hotel facing away from the interstate, so if I returned, I would ask for a room on that side again, because I could definitely hear the traffic from the parking lot. My only complaint is that I went to get in the hot tub, and the water was room temperature and there was no way for me to turn the heat on (and even if there was, it would take a long time to heat up)... I didn't bother mentioning it to the staff or anything, but it was kind of frustrating because I was looking forward to the hot tub. In short, is it a 5 star? No... but it is a great hotel for the price, it is clean, and it is modern/up to date looking. I would definitely stay there again if I return to LaFayette for any reason.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side facing away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rabidliger
Reviewed October 25, 2012

A few days ago our family stayed at this hotel on a trip to the area to visit Wolf Park. It worked out great for grandparents, daughter and her 3 boys (7,11,13). We had 2 connecting rooms which were clean and comfortable. The boys enjoyed the pool and the breakfast was helpful and price reasonable. Everything seemed to have been remodeled. The location was convenient right off I-65 and only about 8 miles to Wolf Park. We went to the park in the afternoon for a guided tour and then returned in the evening (Friday) for the Howl Night activities. There were a lot of people for the evening program and we wished that we had arrived earlier but a microphone was used at both presentations so hearing wasn't an issue and we were able to get near the fence where the wolves were nearby and the boys enjoyed that. Wolf Park is not Disney but for those of us who enjoy the outdoors, nature, and animals and like to learn it was a great visit. There is a miniature golf right behind the hotel which opened at noon on Sunday and we were able to take that in before departing the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JRB187
Reviewed October 23, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary W
A TripAdvisor Member
Belleville, Illinois, USA
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I can't remember when I've had a better night's sleep. The bedclothes were scrupulously clean and cushy. I loved the comforter and the quality of the pillows. I frequently have back issues, but not this night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo