“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I can't remember when I've had a better night's sleep. The bedclothes were scrupulously clean and cushy. I loved the comforter and the quality of the pillows. I frequently have back issues, but not this night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Barnegat, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at the La Quinta from October 5-8th, 2012. The hotel is fine, nothing fancy, but it is okay for the amount of time spent here.
As previously stated by another reviewer, the CANCELLATION POLICY IS VERY STRICT!!! I tried to cancel, but could not do so since I was trying to cancel 5 days in advance...cancellation policy says you must cancel at least a week in advance!!! Also--the price will double or triple on 'event weekends' such as big Purdue football game weekends---probably graduation etc also.
Location
I stayed here for the Purdue vs. Michigan football game this weekend. Without traffic, it will take about 15 mintues to get to Purdue. On a Friday night, late in the day (5:45pm-ish), it took us 50 minutes to get from Purdue campus to this hotel. Traffic was VERY heavy, and it was a little rainy. Just keep that in mind if you stay here. Also---the hotel is on a small road called Meijer Drive. Even with the exact address, my GPS took me to a completely different place but at least it was nearby.

The room
Our room was a king size room near the indoor pool. It was quiet and comfortable. I slept well on the bed and towels were refreshed each day. There is a coffee pot, fridge and microwave in the room.
The shower
The water never got hot enough. I hoped each morning that it would be hot---that maybe I had showered at 'the wrong time of day', but the water was only lukewarm each time.
Breakfast was provided, and it looked good. We did not eat it, but I did have coffee.

Overall, it is a nice place, but if going to Purdue, I will not stay here again. It is too inconvenient for visiting my Boilermaker son.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Ellicott City, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here for Family Day at Purdue last weekend. The location is good--right off the highway, near restaurants and shopping. Other reviews mention noise from the highway. My room was on the front-side of the hotel (by the highway). If you turn off the air unit and television, you will probably hear some noise. Since, our air was on all night, we had no problem. The breakfast choices included oatmeal, cereal, bagels, boiled eggs, yogurt, mini muffins, gravy, biscuits, sausage, juice, coffee,and tea. I've read that some have been disappointed with the breakfast. I think the key might be to arrive earlier rather than later, to get the best selection.

I am unhappy about the fact that the nightly rate doubled it seemed specifically for Family Day weekend. I paid $153/night, with my AAA rate, only because no other decent hotels were available. When I checked the rates for another weekend at this hotel, during October, the cost was just $74/night. This is my reason for the 3/5 rating. Otherwise, I would have given this hotel a 4/5.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank latkwat13
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We couldn't stay right on campus at Purdue so we decided to stay in Lafayette. It was a great choice. Within a couple minutes of the hotel was a lot of shopping and restaurant options. The hotel was right off the highway. We were on the highway side so we heard a bit of the traffic noise, but not bad. The place was clean and comfortable. Free breakfast was a very nice surprise.

We would go back and the price was right.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The bed was fabulous, very comfortable. Pillows were outstanding, non-feather and very plump. We felt like we were staying at a high end hotel in a big city. The room & bathroom were clean. The dog did very well since the room was very quiet. We enjoyed having a room air conditioner that was not loud. Our stay was most comfortable. We will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family