I booked this hotel for Purdue Family Day Weekend. I called to cancel today (3 days in advance) due to an emergency that will make us unable to drive to Lafayette for the weekend. I was told I needed to give one week notice to cancel my reservation because it was an "Event Weekend" I would think since it is an Event Weekend, it would be easy to re-book. I tried calling the local hotel and corporate - both basically told me - too bad. I looked back at my confirmation. All of the pertinent information is at the top - bolded and highlighted in yellow. This one week cancellation statement is in small print at the bottom of the page - below advertisements. So technically - yes, I was advised. But really? If you're going to have these types of policies in place - let people know at time of booking - or at least put some where that a reasonable person will know what is expected. Is it a good hotel otherwise, possibly - I will never know as I will stay away. I only want to do business with people I can trust. This is not one of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check-in at our hotel for award-winning accommodations and exceptionally friendly staff who offer the best in warm, midwestern hospitality. Situated near the junction of I-65 and State Road 26 East, stay here to visit Purdue University and area businesses or take in history that shaped the country. Rooms and suites come with many conveniences - microwave, mini-fridge, work desk and chair, free Wi-Fi and more. The free Bright Side Breakfast(R) starts the day with hearty or light fare and plenty of coffee. Relax or play in the indoor pool, and reenergize in the fitness center. The many local and national chain restaurants along State Road 26 provide lots of dining choices. Travelers often prefer lodging in this community over busy Indianapolis. Higher education, a historic downtown, Native American history and diverse natural communities come together in this city one hour north of Indianapolis. Purdue University, Ivy Tech Community College and Harrison College graduate thousands of students from around the world every year. Among the manufacturers producing products here are Caterpillar, Subaru of Indiana, and Wabash National. The Tippecanoe Battlefield played an important role in Native American history and westward expansion. Settlers founded the city about 200 years ago, and many fine examples of turn-of-the-century architecture remain downtown. The area recently introduced a new state park that highlights multiple habitats such as wildflower prairies, woodlands and tall grass. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette Hotel Lafayette
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Lafayette
- Baymont Inn Lafayette
- Lafayette Baymont Inn