“BOGUS Cancellation Policy” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette
Indianapolis, Indiana
“BOGUS Cancellation Policy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I booked this hotel for Purdue Family Day Weekend. I called to cancel today (3 days in advance) due to an emergency that will make us unable to drive to Lafayette for the weekend. I was told I needed to give one week notice to cancel my reservation because it was an "Event Weekend" I would think since it is an Event Weekend, it would be easy to re-book. I tried calling the local hotel and corporate - both basically told me - too bad. I looked back at my confirmation. All of the pertinent information is at the top - bolded and highlighted in yellow. This one week cancellation statement is in small print at the bottom of the page - below advertisements. So technically - yes, I was advised. But really? If you're going to have these types of policies in place - let people know at time of booking - or at least put some where that a reasonable person will know what is expected. Is it a good hotel otherwise, possibly - I will never know as I will stay away. I only want to do business with people I can trust. This is not one of them.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Lisa A
Kimberly E, Assistant Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Sir or Madam,

I want to thank you for taking the time to fill out this review, and I'm very sorry about your negative experience with the cancellation policy. I would however, like to clear up some discrepancies which will be beneficial for your future reservations as well. It's standard to have a one week cancellation policy before a special event such as a Purdue Family Day Weekend or any of our "Event Weekends." Most reputable hotels in Lafayette have the same policy, and we are all trustworthy when conducting our businesses. It's also standard for most confirmations to highlight the most pertinent information such as arrival dates, length of stay, and rate information for the convenience of the guest. If all the information was in a big font, there would be multiple pages, making it inconvenient for the guests to read and print out as well. As you pointed out, the cancellation policy was present and readable, and it would be unfair to blame us for implementing the regulations that were provided. I noticed that there weren't any complaints on the room or the property itself, so I am assuming everything was above satisfactory except for our cancellation policy, which is good news. I want to thank you again for your time and providing us another way to improve our property.

Kimberly Etzler, Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Needed a dog friendly hotel and La Quinta filled the bill. Lots of areas to walk the dog and there was no extra charge. Rooms are standard size but have a small fridge and microwave. Was on the traffic side of the building but did not hear much from the outside. Breakfast was the usual quick fare and best if you get to breakfast earlier than later. Friendly and professional staff. Close to Meijer store, restaurants and about 15 minutes from the Purdue campus (depending on the time of day). Great value for all that we received and the price we paid on the La Quinta website. A/C was noisy as it turned off and on in the night. Not alot of frills and pillows were way too firm (bring your own). If you are looking for a basic room in a safe area, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are great if you have a dog with you.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
St. Paul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have never stayed at a La Quinta until last night and the only reason why I did was because it was set up by someone else. With that being said I was pleasently surprised so much so I would be happy to stay there again. Plus I love the commercial..."I had a leg up on the competition!" Anyway the hotel in Lafayette met my basic requirements...nice bed; nice room and a fitness room with free weights.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is by the interstate I would ask for the backside which is what I had.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

This was the first time staying at a LaQuinta in a long time. Place was clean and updated. My husband and I both had a rough night sleep due to the pillows. The pillows are like decrative size and not for sleeping. At breakfast several people talked avout how hard it wsa to sleep with the pillows. The second day we ask for smaller pillows, but they had none. We went to Target an purchased two for about $4 each. That would be an easy cheap solution for the hotel too. Take your own pillows if you expect to get a good night sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kimberly E, Assistant Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Lafayette, Indiana LaQuinta Inn and Suites for your stay. It's our goal to make sure every guest has a pleasurable stay. I'm sorry your stay wasn't pleasurable do to the pillows. I just wanted to let you know that all our pillows are new and are the standard pillow for this hotel chain. Unfortunately, we can't accommodate all preferences when it comes to size and firmness of pillows. This is the reason why many guest do bring their own pillow. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Kimberly Etzler, Assistant Manager

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I was in Lafayette on business and we normally do stay at this La Quinta--people were super friendly and went out of their way to make my stay good. The first room I had the air conditioner was very loud--but they quickly changed me to another room--was great. The fitness room was well equiped and clean--however should have had some hand sanitizer or something like that to wipe down the equipment after use. I will be staying here on future trips--great experience--great value!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business