“International / Foreign Travelers Beware - Do Not Stay Here!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I arrived after traveling more than 24 hours (Shanghai via LAX via Indy and then drove). Upon arrival, I presented my printed confirmation email to Ms. Kimberly Herr-Etzler. She looked up my reservation and said, “Sorry, I’m fully booked and I don’t have you in my system”. I was a little surprised but I was polite. I told Kimberly that the email was right here and I prepaid 2 months prior. She opened her fax files and showed me each agent fax/booking for the prior 2 months. Sadly, she didn’t have my booking in her agent file. I told her I just arrived from China and that I would like to call the agent – a toll free number where I have Elite status. She said, “Sorry, I have to keep my phone line free.” I explained to her I don’t have a US cell phone and it was free. She could call them but she refused. She said the hotel was full...again. What would you do in this situation? I had no choice but to drive to my parent’s house (another 15 minutes) to dial a toll free number to my agent. Within 2 minutes, the agent said, “The hotel incorrectly entered your name in their computer. Everything’s okay now.”

I'm a frequent traveler. I've never experienced such impoliteness by a reception desk or a hotel manager. Actually, I like LaQuinta. I’ve stayed at a few. In particular, I’ve stayed at the LaQuinta Paceferry in Atlanta at least 2 weeks a year for the last 8 years. I’m from Lafayette, Indiana. I won’t be staying at LaQuinta Inn in Lafayette on Meijer Dr again. Had I not paid in advance, I would have left. I will not return and I suggest anyone without a U.S. cell phone to avoid booking here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimberly E, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Lafayette, Indiana LaQuinta Inns and Suites. I am sorry your check in was not accurate. I know this can be frustrating when you are tired and all you want to do is go to your room and rest. We do our best here at the LaQuinta Inns and Suites of Lafayette, IN to make sure check in is as quick as possible for our guest. I'm the one you talked to upon your arrival. Your name was put in the system wrong by Expedia, so when your reservation came through on our computer system from Expedia, it didn't match your information that you had. This is the reason I couldn't find your reservation. Third party reservation numbers do not come up in our system.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding of the phone usage. I was under the impression you were having to call out of the country and was not aware of you telling me that it was a toll free number that you had. Again, I am sorry.

As for my service to you Mr. Benanza, I did what I could and I kept trying to locate your reservation after you left to make your phone call. I knew by looking at your papers you had a reservation, but not booking through us, I had to locate it. Expedia did finally call me and gave me the last name they had for you and it matched what they sent through the system. I have no control over Expedia and the information they send to us on reservations.

We have a lot of guest who stay with us from other countries and are very pleased with their stay. Had the information gotten to me correctly, you would of too. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience you had sustained and I do hope you consider visiting us again in the near future.

Kimberly Etzler,
Assistant Manager

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette

A TripAdvisor Member
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed August 11, 2012

clean room, good service, accurate reservations, checkin & checkout, free map and directions for the area....I had a hot waffle for breakfast too and the location close to the interstate made it easy to find

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had a great experience at this hotel! We had a group of early 30s women and wanted to use the pool/patio during the day and a hotel room to get ready to bar hop and a few stayed there for the night. The staff was so professional and helpful...the pool area is very cool and nice! I definitely recommend this hotel to others!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TressaHeath
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Upper Sandusky, Ohio, USA
Reviewed August 1, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed there because they had an indoor pool and wanted to let the kids swim. The pool was green and filled with bugs! The room was nice and clean, which is where we went to since the pool was disgusting. After going through the channels we realized they had no programming for kids.If you are a family, I would not suggest this hotel. The back door was also always unlocked. It was not what we expected at all. You could also hear noise from the interstate.

Princeton, Illinois, USA