I arrived after traveling more than 24 hours (Shanghai via LAX via Indy and then drove). Upon arrival, I presented my printed confirmation email to Ms. Kimberly Herr-Etzler. She looked up my reservation and said, “Sorry, I’m fully booked and I don’t have you in my system”. I was a little surprised but I was polite. I told Kimberly that the email was right here and I prepaid 2 months prior. She opened her fax files and showed me each agent fax/booking for the prior 2 months. Sadly, she didn’t have my booking in her agent file. I told her I just arrived from China and that I would like to call the agent – a toll free number where I have Elite status. She said, “Sorry, I have to keep my phone line free.” I explained to her I don’t have a US cell phone and it was free. She could call them but she refused. She said the hotel was full...again. What would you do in this situation? I had no choice but to drive to my parent’s house (another 15 minutes) to dial a toll free number to my agent. Within 2 minutes, the agent said, “The hotel incorrectly entered your name in their computer. Everything’s okay now.”
I'm a frequent traveler. I've never experienced such impoliteness by a reception desk or a hotel manager. Actually, I like LaQuinta. I’ve stayed at a few. In particular, I’ve stayed at the LaQuinta Paceferry in Atlanta at least 2 weeks a year for the last 8 years. I’m from Lafayette, Indiana. I won’t be staying at LaQuinta Inn in Lafayette on Meijer Dr again. Had I not paid in advance, I would have left. I will not return and I suggest anyone without a U.S. cell phone to avoid booking here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check-in at our hotel for award-winning accommodations and exceptionally friendly staff who offer the best in warm, midwestern hospitality. Situated near the junction of I-65 and State Road 26 East, stay here to visit Purdue University and area businesses or take in history that shaped the country. Rooms and suites come with many conveniences - microwave, mini-fridge, work desk and chair, free Wi-Fi and more. The free Bright Side Breakfast(R) starts the day with hearty or light fare and plenty of coffee. Relax or play in the indoor pool, and reenergize in the fitness center. The many local and national chain restaurants along State Road 26 provide lots of dining choices. Travelers often prefer lodging in this community over busy Indianapolis. Higher education, a historic downtown, Native American history and diverse natural communities come together in this city one hour north of Indianapolis. Purdue University, Ivy Tech Community College and Harrison College graduate thousands of students from around the world every year. Among the manufacturers producing products here are Caterpillar, Subaru of Indiana, and Wabash National. The Tippecanoe Battlefield played an important role in Native American history and westward expansion. Settlers founded the city about 200 years ago, and many fine examples of turn-of-the-century architecture remain downtown. The area recently introduced a new state park that highlights multiple habitats such as wildflower prairies, woodlands and tall grass. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, LaQuinta, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette Hotel Lafayette
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Lafayette
- Baymont Inn Lafayette
- Lafayette Baymont Inn