With all of the choices in this area, don't even try La Quinta. 3 weeks ago we contacted La Quinta to confirm our rooms (part of a wedding package). They assured us that all was fine and that we didn't need to switch the room to our credit card from the one that it was being held on until we arrived. When we arrived, the room had been released and they were full. The manager of 15 years, Kristin, said twice "I wish there was some way I could make this right." But she didn't offer to do anything. (Didn't call any other hotel, didn't offer a comp'd night...nothing)
The biggest inconvenience was that our extended family was staying there and wanted to spend time together.
We found a hotel on our second try that was less expensive, had a nicer pool and had a much more helpful staff.
There must be 10 hotels in this area (which is probably necessary when there are big weekends at Purdue, but if you can avoid La Quinta, do so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check-in at our hotel for award-winning accommodations and exceptionally friendly staff who offer the best in warm, midwestern hospitality. Situated near the junction of I-65 and State Road 26 East, stay here to visit Purdue University and area businesses or take in history that shaped the country. Rooms and suites come with many conveniences - microwave, mini-fridge, work desk and chair, free Wi-Fi and more. The free Bright Side Breakfast(R) starts the day with hearty or light fare and plenty of coffee. Relax or play in the indoor pool, and reenergize in the fitness center. The many local and national chain restaurants along State Road 26 provide lots of dining choices. Travelers often prefer lodging in this community over busy Indianapolis. Higher education, a historic downtown, Native American history and diverse natural communities come together in this city one hour north of Indianapolis. Purdue University, Ivy Tech Community College and Harrison College graduate thousands of students from around the world every year. Among the manufacturers producing products here are Caterpillar, Subaru of Indiana, and Wabash National. The Tippecanoe Battlefield played an important role in Native American history and westward expansion. Settlers founded the city about 200 years ago, and many fine examples of turn-of-the-century architecture remain downtown. The area recently introduced a new state park that highlights multiple habitats such as wildflower prairies, woodlands and tall grass. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LaQuinta, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette Hotel Lafayette
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Lafayette
- Baymont Inn Lafayette
- Lafayette Baymont Inn