“Fun Bar/Restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great laid back college bar and for us older people...I'm 60. Cold beer....great...odd...food. Stuff on this menu you have never seen. Simple to read and fun. Don't be in a hurry and don't ask for ketchup or a knife! Don is a fun owner!

Dan

Monticello In

Reviewed March 23, 2014

DT's is a great "hole in the wall" bar and restaurant...all intended. The atmosphere is spot on for the above description. While we were there with the family and another large group, the place was pretty busy. The only critique is that it took a long time for our food to come. We were just looking for dinner with the family and were there 2 hours.

The food is a definite Chicago style. This is even stated in their rules...no ketchup on hot dogs. All of the menu items were huge and tasty. The food is anything but healthy (again, the intention) and comes in monster portions. The affordability is second to none. I wish I could have gotten this much food for such a tiny bill when I was in college.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've eaten here many times and most of those times, the food was pretty awesome, but the time before last was not so great. My fiance's burger was VERY undercooked. It's partly our fault for not asking for his burger to be well done, but even the owner agreed it was too undercooked in the middle. He even gave a decent discount to apologize for the cook's mistake. Still the food is pretty delicious (and worth the long wait) although the service is not always the greatest, (it can sometimes take 20 to 30 minutes before the waitress comes to attend to you) Plus some people may not care for the fact that the "family side" is not even separated by a wall or anything, kids can easily go onto the bar side if the parents or employees aren't watching.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I understand this is a downtown place and has a good beer selection on tap....but I'd avoid the food next time. I had the Reuben and it was mostly kraut, with little (or no!) corned beef, at least none that I could really taste. Additionally, it's not a traditional Reuben with sliced CB and kraut, it's all chopped up together so it's hard to discern any of the 4 items (CB, kraut, sauce, cheese). The fries were over-cooked and bland.

FOOD: 2
BEER: 3.5

Probably wouldn't eat here, but could definitely have a beer or two.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Came here for a holiday meet up with about 25 friends from high school. The staff were very accommodating and let us put a bunch of tables together in a section in the back, somewhat out of the way of other patrons. Most of us were having drinks and a few ordered food. Service was pretty good and it is definitely ok to bring kids. The food was basic bar food, so nothing special in that regard. It was a noisy place, but then we were also a noisy group, so it was perfect for us! Can't really say much else about it, but it was a convenient and casual place for a group get-together. A funny touch to the place is that they have a port-a-potty, which is actually a door into the REAL bathroom!