“Best local spot”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The food here is amazing and very unique. Not to mention the prices are fantastic and the atmosphere is perfect for the food. This is a must-stop location!

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Sitting at DT Kirby's Also. Been waiting 40+ minutes for an appetizer! Gross gnats keep flying around my head. Ordered a BLT. How long does it take to fry up some bacon? Not impressed at all. It wasn't even busy when we got here - so I don't know what the hold up would be. Waitress keep avoiding eye contact and won't come over to our table. Infuriating! I don't care if this place has the best food out there - the service is absolutely the worst! Should have learned our lesson when we went to the bar side a few months ago and waiting for 15 minutes at a table with no service at all before we walked out. Two strikes - third one and they're out and we won't come back.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

If you are strolling on a Sunday or other afternoon in you not so fancy clothes, don't worry! Pop on in for decent beer and fabulous sandwiches to fill you up!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

First of all- there is no sign for DT Kirbys- a "dive" bar located in the downtown area of Lafayette, Indiana. If you are a Chicago sports fan however, this is the place for you. Located across the street from the Lafayette theater, DT's has both a family side and a bar side. On my first visit, the bartender- a friendly fellow named Joe- impressed me by actually knowing what my signature drink entailed-- although simple, it seems no one in either city of West Laf/ Laf actually knows what a vodka gimlet is. The only other bartender who gets the kudos is the one from the Hunter's Pub on the west side. The food here is not for a nibbler, which I tend to be. On my first visit, I ordered the breaded tenderloin, which comes with homemade chips-- and easily made 2 more meals out of it. It was HUGE. And wonderful. On numerous other visits, I have enjoyed their salads, "wimpy" burger (think popeye) and never been disappointed. I highly recommend this for when you are ready for a fantastic burger, or a Chicago style hot dog ( just don't ask for ketchup). Everyone is friendly, and the vibe is low key. They host various events for all the Chicago teams. All in all, I love this place for its casual atmosphere, and awesome food.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

You must eat here while in Lafayette. It's an odd place with great, friendly staff that makes you feel at home and from Chicago even if you are not. They have a very eclectic menu of foods you would see on Man vs. Food. The Grilled Cheese Cheeseburger is my favorite. Prices are dirt cheap and food is great! Sit in the bar area if possible, the atmosphere is much better than the "family section".