“Charming Restaraunt”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Just had a great night at Sharma with my girlfriend. Fine service, charming hostess, delicious food. Great place if you want to get in and out quickly or even sit and chat over dinner. The buffet has everything you would expect at an Indian buffet. I frequented many while living in Cincinnati in the past and this is the best I've been too.

Pro tip- BRING CASH! Dinner is cheaper if you do!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had dinner here will in Lafayette for business. It is in a small, old strip mall. Small restaurant and seating is close together. Staff was not friendly, we really did not have a waitress, I wasn't sure if I should tip. I read other reviews where you could order off the menu but we were not even given the choice. I did see menus stacked on a table but they did not offer them. The hostess just told us to eat from the buffet. I have not had indian food in a long time but we dined with 2 people from India who seemed to think it was okay. The food was good, price fair for a buffet, they charge different if it is credit or cash. They do not tell you that upfront, it was on a sign near the register that I happened to see.

1  Thank vls55
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I fell in love with Sharma's Kitchen a few years ago-then we changed our diet to vegan; we found there weren't many delectable, healthy choices available at a reasonable price. We revisited Sharma's and were personally showed exactly what was vegan on buffet and a couple of unbelievable dishes were prepared just for us and brought to our table! They also offer a vegan combo carry out for 5.95$! It is now our go to place to eat well in a friendly, clean, and relaxing atmosphere. Vegan or not, but love good food and service-visit Sharma's Kitchen.

Lee Anna

1  Thank la4purdue
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Found this place while picking up a friend at Purdue in on the way back from Indy to Chicago. It isn't very close to Purdue but if you have a car, is isn't too far. We are accustomed to pretty good Indian Buffets in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago but this place was a welcome change from the standard buffet fare. While it was still buffet-style Indian food, they had a more home-style dishes than most places and even the buffet standards tasted fresher and a little less generic. The Paneer Makhani was less "fake" creamy and more honest and tasty than most. The Naan bread and the Aloo Gobi was excellent. Of course, the Gulab Jamun were syrupy and more than two would require 50 units of subcutaneous Insulin (as it should be) but the Kheer was much more homemade style and less rich and sweet than most. Overall the food seemed healthier than most buffets. The atmosphere and restrooms weren't up to the faux elegance of Indian buffets in the Chicago suburbs and the price was on par or a little higher (but not excessive). Next time we are in Layfayette and it is lunch time, we will stop in.

1  Thank Janhuss
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Good food but not always welcoming to children - sometimes it goes well and sometimes we feel we should not bring our (who are well behaved) with us.