“If you are here just for food. This is the place. Don't think of service.”
Review of Sharma's Kitchen

Sharma's Kitchen
Ranked #19 of 230 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
West Lafayette, Indiana
“If you are here just for food. This is the place. Don't think of service.”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I've been there for at least five times. Feel like the restaurant owner is getting ruder. Last time we were there chatting after finishing our dinner. The owner kept coming ask about paying our bills. Ok, we gave our credit cards and signed our checks. Then sitting there and having some fun time with my friends. The owner still got a little anxious about our presence though..At the end, she came and said do you still need anything else? Ok, we got the hint and left. The point is, there are PLENTY of empty seats all over the restaurant....and I am pretty sure we were talking in very moderate volume. Food is good, but I am more good service person. So, bye.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Ecplise

“By far the signature restaurant for the Ladayette area!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Sharma's Kitchen is our favorite restaurant in the Lafayette area. They have an incredible selection of Indian and Indo-Chinese cuisine, prepared with quality ingredients. Every time we go there, the service is impeccable and the buffet is spotless. Even better is the genuine sweetness Ruchi, who as one of the pair that owns it, greets you at the door with an open and welcoming smile. This has been an overwhelmingly great addition to our local restaurant selection.

2 Thank Mandy3gt
Nashville, Tennessee
“Very good authentic Indian food!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I ate here with my friend from India. He loves the food here! We had the buffet which is very good, albeit pricy. There are a variety of dishes offered and salad type items and fruit. There are also a couple of deserts. We ordered a chicken kabob separately and it was well cooked and seasoned. I would love to eat here again, though I'm not sure I get my money's worth wih the buffet as I don't eat a lot and it costs about $20. This is a great place for Indian food!

3 Thank floridagirlblue
West Lafayette, Indiana
“You need to try this place.”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

If I were passing through the area and had one place to eat, it would be Sharma's Kitchen, no contest. Sharma's food is always high quality and delicious, but what I enjoy most is the fresh naan and chicken (Tandoori or kebab, your choice!) you receive with the buffet. Most of my encounters with Indian buffets are disappointing in part due to dry chicken and naan that is either cooked to a cracker or greasy. Sharma's decision to provide each table with fresh naan and chicken was ingenious. The serve staff are extremely polite and the atmosphere is appropriate (no country western or pop playing on the radio). The owners are very nice people, Sharma usually stops out to check how everything is going for you. I've been going to Sharma's since it opened and it has been excellent every time.

• Visited July 2012
5 Thank foodcritic001
Lafayette, Indiana
“Great food, a little pricy”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have gone to Sharma's several times with friends for the dinner buffet. They have great food, and Sharma himself is an awesome host, but they are a little pricy in my opinion for a buffet. That said, I tend to limit myself to a single plate at these things. If you tend to go back for multiple helpings then you may find the prices much more reasonable.

Seriously though, awesome food.

• Visited May 2012