“Lovely atmosphere, very responsive service, excellent food”
Review of Adelino's Old World Kitchen - CLOSED

Adelino's Old World Kitchen
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Columbia Street
Transit: Only two blocks away from the bus depot with a stop less than 100 feet away from the main entrance.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Came here for a business meeting; the atmosphere is just great; a nicely arranged establishment with lots of nooks and crannies so you feel like you have your own space. The service was very friendly and responsive; we wanted for nothing, and the food was excellent and plentiful. I would happily return.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went to Adelino's while traveling to the Lafayette area for work and of all the places I visited during my stay, Adelino's was by far the best. Our waiter knew everything about the menu and he was really fun. Our food was excellent. I would tell you that you have to try the meatballs.

1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for an unusual dinner and this restaurant came highly recommended!

As the first one in I had the pleasure of having the restaurant to myself. Of course, service was great. As more people came in I listened and noted that the server changed his interaction with the table. Very nice!

The jazz music was interesting with the Mediterranean flair. This is a Tapas restaurant and the food was good. I've had fried zucchini in other places and this was the best I've ever had! Frankly, I'm not a fan of zucchini. This really says something!

Definitely worth a try!

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

If I had read the reviews (and not come here) before eating there I would have missed an excellent meal.

The service was very responsive and prompt. All food and drinks were served very quick after placing the order.

I had the hummus appetizer and the Pork Saltimbocca, both were excellent. My only regret is that there was more than I could eat. I highly recommend both dishes.

Hopefully this means they have addressed the complaints mentioned in the other reviews.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The server could not answer any of our questions regarding the menu. She either was very inexperienced or didn't really care about the customer. The soup was tasty, but nothing spectacular and lukewarm. The steak sandwich was inedible. I couldn't eat it as a sandwich, and removed it from the bun. Even then, the steak knife failed to cut through it in several areas. In all, I had only about four good bites out of a $19.00 lunch. The server asked how the food was and I said the steak was inedible, she laughed and said she would kick the cook. I replied that it was not the cook's fault; it was a bad piece of meat. I suggested she take the steak back to the kitchen to the cook and see if he could cut it with the steak knife. She only laughed again. Having been a server, generally, I do not penalize a server for a bad meal, however this server's attitude generated only a $1.00 tip. If she did not have the authority to discount a bad meal, she at least could have apologized instead of laughing. She will never make a living as a server and Adelino's will not get my business again.