“Chlorine smell burns your eyes even when you're just an observer!”

Buccaneer Bay Indoor Aquatic Center
More attraction details
Owner description: *Buccaneer Bay Indoor Aquatic Fun Center features zero depth entry, bubblers, , 'The Jolly Roy' pirate ship with multiple slides, dumping treasure chest, kiddie pool, 20 person hot tub, 23 ft. winding water slide which loops outside and back into main pool, water basketball, bridges and water cannons. Mezzanine area with tables and chairs, arcade and vending machines. Special 'Pirates Grub' menu with delivery to the mezzanine area*
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Chlorine smell burns your eyes even when you're just an observer!”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

If you're a child desperate to swim in the middle of winter, you might be able to overlook the strong chlorine odor, red eyes and itchy, burning skin while you're having fun in the pool. But parents BEWARE! Your children will be miserable ALL night (even after showering) due to the chemicals in this pool. Also, plan on paying $5 just to occupy a plastic seat and watch your children play (if you're lucky--some had to pay $15 because they "had too many observers"--I guess the plastic seats become premium priced the more observers there are!) Just a heads-up, drive a little farther to Indy and you'll not regret it.

12 Thank Heather Y
Barbara G, Director of Sales at Buccaneer Bay Indoor Aquatic Center, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
I am so sorry you had a less than desirable time at Buccaneer Bay. I would love to talk to you about how we can make your next visit a great one. You can contact me at 765-447-0575 ext. 167 or via email at Alissa.BestWestern@gmail.com. Thank you.

Lafayette, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Call The Cops”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Water Park they charge $5 to watch your child and 25 min. later they change the price and try to charge $15 with no reason.Lisa Bough is There so called Manager with no skills and very mean to the customer's and even call the cops on the customer's. I am 57 years old and have never seen a manager talk to paying customer's like Lisa Bough it was like being at the Double Duce Bar geting ripped off . I and 32 members of my family will never eat,stay ,or go to your water park again . CAUTION CAUTION

Visited February 2012
15 Thank Edward N
Hello,
I am so sorry to hear about your past experience with us. I am the new Director of Sales and would love to talk to you about how I can get your business back! Please contact me at 765-447-0575 ext. 167 or via email at Alissa.BestWestern@gmail.com. Thank you!
West Lafayette, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Worst customer service ever”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Lisa Burroughs was the manager on duty. We had a birthday party at the water park attached to hotel.
Lisa walked up and im fromt if a crowd of people accused us of sneaking in and she was going
to call the police!!! After I lifted
My arm to show her my
Purchased wrist band she simply went "oh and walked away.
I am a 50 year old business man and would never think to treat another person much less my customer in such a manner. Let me remind you this was the manager in charge
Never will I stay nor spend another dime here

19 Thank roadkingkev
Hello,
Lafayette, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Police escort”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Lisa borough is the rudest sales exec I have ever encountered. Spent 200 dollars and me and my father were escorted out for not purchasing wristbands for ourselves when we were only there to supervise our kids. So we went sat in car. Then the police were called to ask us to leave the premises. Absolutely terrible customer relations. We will never return. They just lost about 1000 dollars a year. And prolly more after we tell everyone we know.

Visited February 2012
15 Thank Parker V
Parker,
I am so sorry to hear about your poor experience with us. I am the new Director of Sales and would love to talk to you about how to get your business back! Please contact me at 765-447-0575 ext. 167 or via email at Alissa.BestWestern@gmail.com.
Whitestown, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Kid's loved it..nice, clean facility”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We were looking for something to do as a mini vacation/spring break for our kids 6 and 9. I looked at various indoor waterparks and came across buccaneer bay and thought we'd try it out, one it was close to home and two, didn't seem as expensive as some of the other places around. It's not a huge indoor water park but was perfect for our young kids. to me it's a good place for up to about age 11 or 12. Our 9 year old loved the big slide while the 6 year old enjoyed the smaller slides on the pirate ship and all the water cannons located through out. The big treasure chest that dumped water was great to. They loved it, It was nice to be able to sit just about anywhere and still see the kids.
The hot tub was nice as well.
I thought the breakfast that was available with our room was good but could've used a little more variety or options.
The room was clean and great.
I would recommend this to families with younger children.

Visited April 2011
4 Thank candalewis
Thank you for your review and I am glad you had a nice time. I would love to book your next getaway for you!