“Better”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State road 26 and Interstate 65
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Our last visit was a disaster....this time was better. My husband and I went to Hour Time for a Sunday breakfast. I had the scrambled eggs Benedict which was nicely prepared and had a pleasant taste. However our table was not very clean and the wait staff seemed indifferent in clearing tables. The hostess was also not very welcoming and actually pretended not to notice us until we made contact with her. Lafayette does not have a variety of restaurants that serve breakfast..........

1  Thank ADolores

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband made reservations at Hour Time for Mother's Day, said he wanted to take me someplace nice. It had been over a year since we'd been, so I thought we'd give it a try again. Our last visit wasn't great. We were seated immediatly, but waited for our server for awhile. We were given menus and ordered from those menus, but we noticed after we ordered that the people at the table next to us had a "specials" menu and a wine list. We were not offered either. Our food came and it was ok, nothing great. My biggest complaint was the filthy wall we had to look at while seated. There were plants there and some sort of green scaley stuff all over the wall. And the plastic partition beside the table was GROSS! It seriously looked like someone had wiped their nose all over it. This place needs to be cleaned up and updated. We won't be back anytime soon. And we were shocked at out bill when it came. Way too much money for so-so food.

2  Thank Deb_B_Indiana
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Interesting concept, a restaurant built around a real tree. Lots of private nooks. Respectable food and beverages. Ideal for groups too.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This restaurant is part of the Best Western hotel and is just west of I-65. Driving into the place was a little tricky since you have to turn in at a traffic light and then go back into the hotel parking lot. I stopped in for lunch en route from Columbus, Ohio to Chicago and ordered their soup & half sandwich special but with their homemade cream of mushroom soup (which is a buck extra). The soup was really tasty and I got an entire single-decker Club sandwich - technically half of their regular tri-level sandwich. Service was fine. This appears to be mainly a place for baby boomers like me.

1  Thank Dedgehog
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We ate here recently, having no idea about this restaurant. It was a Saturday night and all the other nearby restaurants were totally packed. We stopped in and the staff was warm and welcoming and the food was surprising good. We really enjoyed it.

1  Thank agilebc2