“Great hotel”

Candlewood Suites Lafayette
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stay at alot of hotel this part of the year. This hotel has been one of the best. I will be coming back next time I am in this area. The hotel was clean and the rooms are nice. The staff was very friendly and helped me with eveything I need.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Christin G, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Brad C,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was a great room to stay with my 2 little ones. The hotel is conveniently located to the main strip of dining options. There was a kitchenette in our room, that made dinner and breakfast easy. There was a toaster, it didn't work, so we traded the front desk for a toaster oven. I was happy there was a dvd player in the room. I hate trying to find something for my girls to watch on tv stations I'm not familiar with. My girls had a great time in the pool too. There was free laundry for guests, which made it convenient to dry our wet clothes before packing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Christin G, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear CBeanRun,

I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Our amenities really are great, aren't they? The kitchens and DVD players we have in every room definitely come in handy when traveling with little ones. As does our complimentary laundry facility and swimming pool. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Really great and down to earth management staff that is always willing to address any needs or concerns you may have in a very timely manor. During my lengthy stay I've seen very minor issues treated as though they were of the utmost importance. This hotel does really well at catering to all local events within the calendar year as well as business professionals, It is also perfectly located for the traffic congestion that does seem to appear out of nowhere, It is very convenient to any shopping needs you may require during your stay and the cleaning staff is not only great but well scheduled. It was truly a home away from home experience for me.

Thank You CandleWood Lafayette for Everything !

Room Tip: All the rooms are great for different reasons. The rooms in the back may be a little quieter yes but...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Roger M.,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a kind review. Our entire staff truly cares for our guests and it certainly shows. Thank you for pointing out our convenient location as well.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were coming up for a graduation and were happy we found Candlewood Suites. Grear location to Purdue University and lots of other places to eat and shop nearby. The bed was comfortable and liked the small kitchen with small stove, refrigerator and microwave. The suite was a nice size with all this included in the room. On the down side, never stay there when their is a graduation at Purdue, rooms were tripled in price !!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Christin G, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Shirley H.,

We are so happy that you found us!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again the next time you are in Lafayette.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was a pleasant surprise while driving through Lafayette. It was reasonably priced and beautifully decorated, extremely clean, and had absolutely anything you could ever need while traveling. It definitely felt like home away from home. The bed was comfortable. There is a ton of space with the separate living area with a couch, lazy boy recliner, tv and dvd player, full size kitchen with everything you could need, a full size bedroom with a tv and dvd player and the bathroom with all of the essentials. It was so nice, I didn't want to leave! The desk staff were all pleasant and helpful. This was the best find!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Christin G, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Anne S,

I am so glad that you found us and decided to stay with us while driving through Lafayette! And I definitely appreciate you taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. We are sorry that you had to leave us, but certainly hope the rest of your trip was just as pleasant. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are driving through the Lafayette area.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I recently coordinated a trip to this hotel for my son's baseball team. My contact with the hotel was general manager, Christin Graves. I was unfamilar with the Lafayette area as well as my first experience with group reservations for the entire team. I could not be more pleased with the customer service offered to me by this manager. My emails were responded to promptly and Christin went above and beyond in accomodating my group. The families that stayed at the hotel were pleased with the accomodations and customer service by the employees. I would gladly book at this hotel again in the future if nothing else for the spectacular customer service and priority I was given by Christin. Quality customer service and friendliness goes a long way in my book. Thanks Christin!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Christin G, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Kelly M,

You are too kind. Thank you for sharing your recent group experience at our property. Our staff is truly committed to providing our guests with exceptional customer service and I am so glad that we were able to have a positive impact on your group as a whole. We definitely look forward to seeing you, as well as other members of your group, the next time you travel to the Lafayette area.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I travel to Lafayette for business frequently and I have stayed here in April 2012 (3 weeks), August 2012 (2 weeks) and most recently in January 2013 (2 weeks). This is an extended stay hotel and is located right off I-65 and it's about a 15-20 minute drive to Purdue university. The front desk staff is always helpful and friendly. All the rooms I've stayed in were clean with a queen sized bed, desk, chair, dresser,and a flat screen TV. Each room also has a kitchenette with a microwave, two burner stove, full-sized refrigerator, and a dishwasher. It is also stocked with pans, dishes, silverware, and utensils. Housekeeping comes once per week and if you need fresh towels in between, you can get them at the front desk. The hotel also has a 24/7 free laundry room and fitness center. There is a 24-hour Meijer store located near the hotel where you can buy groceries to bring back to your room. There are also several restaurants and stores near the hotel as well. The only downside to this hotel is on one side the constant hums of cars and semis going down the interstate which runs right next to the hotel. I usually get used to it after a few days though.

I would definitely recommend this place to someone who needs an extended stay hotel in Lafayette.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West (non-highway) side are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Christin G, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Cleveland926,

We are thrilled that you have chosen to spend your time with us while on business in the Lafayette area. We know you have many choices as to where to stay in the area and are delighted that you have given us the opportunity to make your time away from home as comfortable as possible whenever you are in town.

Thank you for outlining a few of the features of our property for those who have not had the chance to experience it for themselves yet. The kitchens in our rooms make it easier not only for our extended stay guests but also families passing through. The nearby Meijer store you mentioned is about as convenient as you can get for groceries or other necessities. Our staff is always happy to recommend places based on guests needs as well.

We are honored to have been able to consistently provide you with clean and frinedly stay at our property. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.