“Could not have done it without the Rose Garden”
Review of Rose Garden Motel

Rose Garden Motel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Belmont
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My name is James and I'm suffering from mental illness. For two days a week for 12 weeks I was doing a post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) course and Geelong clinic which is close to the Rose Garden. What I was doing very mentally challenging. As I take a lot of medication sleep at night it is hard for me to wake up in the morning without someone waking me up personanly. I also struggle being away from home as when I am in unusual surroundings I feel very very uncomfortable. I explained to the owner operator my situation and they were happy to help me out in any way.
So for two nights a week for 12 weeks I stayed at the Rose Garden. I stayed in a variety of different rooms including the rooms with spas. I felt very comfortable every time I was at the Rose Garden I was personally woken up every morning by the owner/operator. They went out of their way to make sure that I felt safe and secure and comfortable. Whilst their I also utilised the pool.
As I am currently living on a pension I found the rates very reasonable especially compared to the service that I received and to the homely feeling of the rooms. I would also like to thank the owner operator for the beautiful and wide range of breakfasts. I feel that if I did not have thier support over the 12 weeks I would most likely not have been able to have completed the course.
So I thank you so so much for your support and service and I would highly recommend your motel to anyone.
Cheers James

Room Tip: There are a variety of rooms ranging from family, couple and single. All rooms have excellent air-co...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank james p
Helen W, Owner at Rose Garden Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thankyou James for your heatfelt review. We were only too happy to help you during these 12 weeks, you have been a model guest and we look forward to you calling in to tell us how you are going. By the way we haven't decided on a new puppy just yet! Our best wishes for your future, we know you will get there. Cheers Helen and Ken

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We booked a family room and a standard room for a birthday weekend. The rooms were clean and spacious, the beds comfortable. The bathrooms needed some upgrading, very clean but paintwork peeling from fixtures and getting a bit shabby.As were the towels. The outdoor barbecue and recreation area was well maintained and gave an open feel to the rooms, although the entry gardens needed work. At $350 for the 2 rooms for one night, this motel was not cheap.The outstanding feature of the motel for was the helpful service given in reception. We had children with specific health dietary requirements. We had already organised a dinner venue but a change in plans meant we needed a breakfast/brunch cafe. Without any apparent fuss, Helen rang a friend with similar needs to get advice and came back with recommendations for us. This was a grat help.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Helen W, Manager at Rose Garden Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thankyou for your review, I do hope you will return so you can appreciate the new towels that are due to arrive soon - obviously they hadn't arrived when you were here! I have done some further research and now have a list of other food venues that would suit.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

At first we were reluctant to spend the $150 for the night at this hotel but once inside we soon realised that it was worth it. It was clean, comfortable and roomy. Our unit had a massive shower. The unit was quiet and we both had a fantastic sleep on the genuine king size bed and we were well rested for the drive the next day. The host was friendly and informative. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking at staying in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed in the motel for one night because we were attending a wedding nearby and this motel was conveniently located and was where many other people from the wedding party were staying. The motel was clean with spacious rooms but I was surprised at cost per night considering you could pay a very similar price and stay at a better hotel in the area including breakfast. Too overpriced for a motel in Geelong!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed here overnight with some friends for a wedding in town. It's clean and has all the basic amenities. We had the family suite with a roomy shower and very comfortable, firm beds. Recommended for short stays.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Have stayed at this motel twice now on our way from Northern Victoria to the South West coast via Lorne pier to pub. The rooms are clean & quiet, the pool a welcome relaxation at the end of the drive, the location for our broken trip is perfect and the host/s very obliging. Would recommend to all

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We felt welcome from the first minute and the room was lovely. The staff were very welcoming and interested in why were were in Geelong. I would recommend The Rose Garden motel to my friends and family and will stay there next time I stay in Geelong

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong
Rydges Geelong
Rydges Geelong
#9 of 18 in Geelong
Econo Lodge Hacienda Motel Geelong

Been to Rose Garden Motel? Share your experiences!