“One of the best motels I have stayed in” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abbotswood Motor Inn

You added Abbotswood Motor Inn to your Saves list
Abbotswood Motor Inn
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   308-310 High Street | Princes Highway M1, Belmont, Geelong, Victoria 3216, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Belmont
spain
“One of the best motels I have stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Our hosts were friendly, welcoming and helpful. The rooms sparkling clean and well equipped. The usual fridge, micro wave and tea making facilities but with a pretty cloth over the table too. There were guest laundry facilities on site and an iron and ironing board in the room. There was also a small indoor heated pool which we didn't check out.
The only problem I had was sleeping (but I am difficult to please), my husband slept soundly. As usual I had requested a soft mattress on the booking form and the proprietor rang me beforehand to tell me that all the mattresses were the same and quite firm, he was anxious that I shouldn't arrive without knowing so being forewarned I carried a small sponge mat with me and the bed was OK. Unfortunately I didn't think to check the pillow and that too was thick and firm. There were spare pillows in the cupboard but they were all the same so the only suggestion I would make to improve their service would be to provide thinner softer pillows as spares. Otherwise an excellent stay.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank funwin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Echuca, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Very friendly welcome when i checked in. Nothing seemed to much trouble. The room was very clean and comfortable. Location to Deakin Uni is great 5 mins and your there. Some traffic noise even at the back of the motel but nothing over the top. Can't fault the owners for there service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Darren P
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and I as well as friends of ours stayed here recently because of the location. We were attending A Day On The Green at The Hill Winery.
We were thrilled to discover that not only was it close to the venue, the rooms were large and spotlessly clean. The proprietors (Graeme and his wife) are increadibly friendly and helpful and even offered to drive us to the venue! I could not recommend it more highly! I would stay here over many 5 star places in an instant :)

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Kranlomi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I booked this as part of a great ocean Rd trip. We didn't expect much given the price but were pleased to find a comfortable and particularly clean room. Some light noise from highway which might put some light sleepers off but we were fine. Owner was only too happy to help with any queries etc.

Overall pretty comfortable stay and well worth it.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kieran M
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Easy access from the M1, on our way to the Great Ocean Road. This little Motor Court has very clean rooms with decent beds. Graeme is the proprietor and is eager to please. Free laundry and Wifi, to boot. Excellent value. We certainly would enjoy staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were big and very clean. Our room was around the corner and very quiet and comfortable. There are laundry facilities which was fantastic for us as we have been travelling for a few days and really appreciated this. Would recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a great budget motel. Very comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mt gambier
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This place is fantastic! I have stayed at places and paid a lot more and weren't as good. It's very clean and very well priced! The host, Graeme cannot do enough for you and everyone is so friendly. Graeme helped out with storing my husbands pride and joy securely (his Harley) which was very much appreciated. I would wholeheartedly recommend this place.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Magpies27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Econo Lodge Hacienda Motel Geelong
Mercure Geelong
Mercure Geelong
#5 of 24 in Geelong
3.5 of 5 stars 1,153 reviews

Been to Abbotswood Motor Inn? Share your experiences!