“Food and service never let us down!”
Review of Portway Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Portway Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Have visited this restaurant on many occasions over the years with my husband as well as with family and friends. Food is always excellent and the service very good. Great for a special evening out or an excellent Sunday lunch!

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at the portway several times, and in different settings, family birthdays (10 + people. Inc children), cosy romantic valentines dinner and with friends.

This restaurant is cosy, and welcoming. They welcome children and families.

I always enjoy the fillet steak or the lasagna. It is very traditional italian food.

Value you for money. I'm a believer in you pay for what you get and that right of this place. Perfect food, perfect service perfect visit every time

1  Thank Clean36
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went midweek with 4 friends for my birthday, good job I'd booked as it was busy.
Restaurant decor is dated, quaint, but felt vey chintzy, our table cloth even had what appeared to be cigarette burns on it !) The deserts were displayed to diners on an little wooden trolley... I was expecting John Cleese & Manuel to pop up at any moment. but it had a very plesant homely, informal atmosphere to it
the service was great, waiters were very attentive & helpful when choosing from the vary varied menu. The waiters said they could change or adapt the dishes tomeet our needs, adding or removing certain ingredients, when i placed my order of fish,I was asked how I wanted it seasoned, did I want garlic, lemon etc . Food was all freshly cooked, Portions were generous & the food was to die for.
Will most Definately return

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have visited this restaurant on several occasions and must advise that the food is superb, as is the atmosphere and the staff, they are welcoming and cater to your every need. Thoroughly recommend, must be the best restaurant that we have ever been to.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I am not sure if I should be doing this because everyone will know the secret that I have treasured for several years about a restaurant whose food and service is of such a high quality and value that I don't really want too many people to know about, but all the staff are so welcoming and helpful they deserve to succeed. There is an extensive Itallian menu supplemented by several special appetising dishes on offer every evening and a smaller but adequate choice at lunchtime. Try the Portway Italian Restaurant, and I am sure you won't be disappointed