“Great service and amazing food”
Review of The Hope & Anchor

The Hope & Anchor
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Visited whilst in the area for business with a colleague. Always a promising sign to see a busy pub on a weekday lunchtime in January!

Drinks came promptly and there was plenty on the menu to choose from, with a set menu as well. I had the burger which was really delicious- would have perhaps been nice to have a little side salad with it, I’d just to jolly up the plate a little bit. My colleague had the Mac n cheese which they said was really tasty.

Very quick, friendly service and lovely interior. Will definitely add to my “return” list for when we’re next in the area!

Date of visit: January 2020
HopeandAnchorPub1, Owner at The Hope & Anchor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reservations Manager

Write a reviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

The service was second to none when we visited for Sunday lunch today. We were greeted by name on arrival (great personal touch - guessed because we had called in advance to ask if it was suitable for us to bring our baby in her pram) and given a lovely table in the bar with space beside us for the pram. The whole team were so friendly and really knowledgable about the menu. They had time for conversations with us and were telling us about new ideas at the restaurant - such as the fact they have recently bought a whole cow instead of just ordering steaks to minimise waste from the cow.
I had the roast beef and then sticky toffee pudding and my husband had pork belly, with the crispiest crackling, and then the chocolate pave, the food was delicious. The roast potatoes were also to die for.

1  Thank bethany_d772
HopeandAnchorPub1, Owner at The Hope & Anchor, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review.

I am so pleased our team made you feel so welcome.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

A very Freindly Homely place right by the side of the RiverHumber with good viewing areas of the Number Bridge & Number itself. A very 're,axing atmosphere with good Beer & Food.
Well worth a visit .

Thank Cornelius Rober... G

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

Ok firstly the menu needs more vegan options. I had a choice of one at lunch time a rather unimaginative burger, standard fayre you would expect anywhere to offer. I was disappointed. Having said this the standard of food was good and service was quick though our drinks order was wrong as was our dessert order. This wasn't my choice of place to go as I know from having visited years ago that vegetarian and vegan options are not a priority however it was my brother's birthday and therefore his choice. Personally I wouldn't rush back.

Date of visit: January 2020
HopeandAnchorPub1, Owner at The Hope & Anchor, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

This week we have introduced two new vegan starters, a new vegan main meal and also a vegan dessert.

I do hope you would maybe reconsider and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

This was the first time we had visited the Hope & Anchor and we were not disappointed. From the moment we arrived the service was great. We were to experience the new menu with a key focus being sustainability. The menu had plenty of choice and time was taken to explain it and when asked where all the food came from. The tastes were original and well presented. There was an extensive wine menu to boot.

Date of visit: January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.