Tripadvisor
Tower Isle
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews ocho rios quiet location definitely stay here again ocean front small supermarket apartment housekeeper units loft jerk jamaica simone caribbean
Selected filters
Reviewed November 22, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Ms. Dulcia's Apartment 9 for 4 nights and it was just a perfect spot. The apartment looked exactly like the apartment and was very clean and orderly. The location is PERFECT. My boyfriend is a Jamaican local and he stated that the location was perfect as well. Close to town and easily accessible by taxi. The staff at the resort were very accomodating -- Charmaine and Jennifer were charming, as well as the security guards Javon and Montgomery.
Ms. Dulcia was also responsive to my many emails and made the arrangements flawless.
The next time I am in Jamaica, I hope this apartment is available because I will definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: November 2014
Reviewed October 30, 2014

Dulcia...Just wanted to let you know that I had a fantastic time in your Paradise Suite at Chrisanns. Your apartment (#9) was particularly warm, inviting and extremely comfortable. It had everything I needed and more. Chrisanns was exactly what I hoped it would be. It was beautiful, quiet, peaceful and very relaxing. The staff was always courteous and professional.

From the moment I arrived, the security guard, Javoane was extremely friendly and helpful. It was dark when I got in and he was so very kind to accompany me across the street to get something to eat. Every time I saw Javoane, he always greeted me with a warm smile and asked how things were going. Although, my visit was to rest and relax, he was insistent that I get out and enjoy myself and offered several ideas to do so.

Your housekeeper, Charmaine was a sweetheart. She made sure everything was neat and tidy and never hesitated with any request. The daily fresh flowers were a nice touch to the already beautifully decorated apartment. Charmaine also presented me with a beautiful flower just as I was headed back to the airport.

One evening, Montgomery asked if I had ever tasted fresh coconut jelly/water. After telling him no, he quickly got a coconut from the tree for me to try. He also explained some of the health benefits of coconut water.

I mentioned to Lenora that I wanted to go into town to get some delicious Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee to take back home. She didn't hesitate to contact Doc Bell to take me. Once he arrived, he offered to take me on a short tour of Ochi. So glad that I took him up on his offer, as I don't think I would have been able to see the area as I did.

I took your advise and tried the area restaurants and I have to admit that Toscanini at Harmony Hall was my favorite of the three. Although, I did enjoy chatting with Althea over at Glenns. I had my first taste of Ackee and Saltfish at Glenns and I have to admit that it was quite tasty.

This was a solo visit for me and I felt completely safe...truly a great experience. I sincerely appreciate how everyone made me feel welcome and looked out for me throughout my stay. I also appreciate you for calling to check on me. You've been a dear since our initial contact and I see that the staff at Chrisanns are a reflection of your sweet demeanor.

I will definitely be visiting again soon.

Room tip: Apartment #9
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
9  Thank begoodtoyourself
Reviewed October 4, 2014

Spent a week a Dulcia's apartment #9 this summer with my girlfriend. First off, Dulcia was a pleasure to deal with all the way through. We loved the location, right by Ocho Rios, but just to the side so as to be nice and quiet. Very safe. Reggae Beach is also right next door, which we hit most days. Nice beach, and very quiet if no cruise ship.
We rented a car and toured around a bit, which made the experience ever more enjoyable.
Apartment was nice and clean, great balcony to have dinners on. Fantastic spot, we'll be back.

Date of stay: July 2014
2  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay.. The place was perfect, nice breezes, beautiful pool. The staff was beyond helpful and especially the cleaning and security people. They more than willing to help you. The security person went into town with me to find the bank to exchange my travelers cheques.. Waited up all nite to help me navigate in my car to find the building.

The lodging space was perfect in size, clean and couldn't ask for better services. I am very ecstatic with my stay and would stay there again and probably will.

Date of stay: March 2014
1  Thank Bigdawg2011tim
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Dear Dulcia

Thank you so very much for making our 15th wedding anniversary a very special one for my husband and me.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Thank you for all the little extra personal touches. The breakfast at Glenn’s was fantastic.

We are taking the rum cake you gave us back home to share a piece of Jamaica with family. I see why your apt. was voted best stay in Ocho Rios.

Tamara and Jason

Trinidad and Tobago

Date of stay: December 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tamara A