“The real Canadian experience”
Review of Escapade Eskimo

Escapade Eskimo
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and enjoy a dogsledding experience in Outaouais region only 75 minutes from Ottawa.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The real Canadian experience”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had a wonderful day at Escapade Eskimo, east of Otter Lake, Quebec. My wife and I did "The Adventure", 1/2 day, 15 km run, and it was fantastic. Sylvain explained all about the dogs and driving a dog sleigh. He did this in English and French because we had a mixed group. The weather was perfect, the dogs were eager to run and the snow was a bit icy. That made it a fast run and we enjoyed every minute of it. Also helping with harnessing the dogs and putting them in front of the sleigh was, to my surprise, easy and fun to do. If you have the opportunity to do this, you should really go for this real Canadian experience. It's only 1 hour 15 minutes from Ottawa down town.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Frits S

Ottawa, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“An Exhilarating Ride”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Words can not express how much fun I had out with Sylvain and his wonderful teams of dogs. It is safe to say...this is one of those quintessential Canadian experiences. Sylvain was great at explaining the history of the dogs as well as letting us get involved in hitching the team to the sleds. From the second my dogs were unleashed, my heart was beating outside my chest. It was exhilarating beyond words. I have been wanting to try dog sledding since I first saw the movie Snow Dogs. The dogs were amazing - I couldn't believe how friendly they were! I am always looking for things to do from my bucket list and the dog sleds were well worth the drive!
Even better - while I brought my camera and took hundreds of photos, Sylvain was up there with his camera and got some great action shots of me and my friends driving the dogs through the forest.
Highly recommendable! Loved it.

Visited January 2013