“Needs a little cleaning!”
Review of Courtyard Kokomo

Courtyard Kokomo
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Kokomo
Goshen, Indiana
“Needs a little cleaning!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel two nights. I will say that it's a good place that could be much better. The staff was very friendly and exceptionally helpful. The after work Happy Hour was very relaxing and helped end a busy work day. The cleanliness of the room however brings all the other stuff down. On either side of the bed and around the base of the night stand between the beds had not seen a vacuum in who knows how long. I saw left over pieces of food and toe/fingernail clippings. That really shouldn't be allowed to happen. Pay attention to detail.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
roggcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kokomo, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your coments about your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott in Kokomo, IN. I would like to appoligize for the issues that you had experienced in our housekeeping department. We listen to our guest and take your coments very seriously.
We look forward in seeing on your next visit to the Courtyard by Marriott.
Rick Ogg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Birmingham, Michigan
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have stayed at the Kokomo Courtyard by Marriott a few times and am truly amazed by the exceptional staff. They are courteous, friendly, professional, and efficient. The hotel has good internet service, a great happy hour, and the breakfast is surprisingly very good. But the most impressive feature is the staff - they are truly exceptional. I will definitely stay there whenever I have to go to Kokomo.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
roggcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kokomo, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your great comments about our Staff. We work very hard to make our guest feel comfortable and at home. We look forward in your next stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Kokomo.
Belleville, Michigan
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I would never stay anywhere else in Kokomo. The staff is so down to earth and friendly that I find myself having a short conversation with one of them every time I am in the lobby. They have directed me to great local restaurants that lived up to the hype. They have excepted packages being shipped to their location during business emergencies. I can be done with my business day between 3:00 and 6:00 and I have always come back to a clean room. The breakfast buffet is outstanding. It offers healthy options and traditional breakfast items. The best part for me is the complimentary happy hour. After a long day, there is nothing better and the price is right....free. I am not a casual tipper but I find myself tipping the cleaning staff, breakfast staff and the happy hour staff. If you looking for a place to stay when you are in Kokomo, I recommend the Courtyard Marriott.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
roggcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kokomo, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you so much for the nice comments about your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Kokomo. We love to hear that our guest's expectatons are met and exceeded. We work hard to make sure our guest feel at home and look forward to their next stay.
Gaylord, Michigan
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed for four days with our 4 year old daughter and everything was great, the staff was friendly and nice. We used the pool every day; it was clean and well taken care of. I can see how the beds are not for everyone the mattress is temperpectic like but I personally liked it, our room was clean. The breakfast buffet had a lot of options but I think it should be included in the rate also because the other hotels in the area include it in their rate; overall we had a great stay and would return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
roggcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kokomo, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for great comments about your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott. We love to hear that our guest had a great experience. We look forward in seeing you the next time you are in the Kokomo area.
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is just that.....ok. The room was ok, but it was clean. The bed was horrible. Worst I've had in quite some time. The front desk staff was.....ok. The breakfast lady seemed like she was annoyed that she had to actually work. The set up of the room was bad. The thermostat, well the wall unit only had one setting.......hot. I'm sure my room was 80 degrees by the time I left the next morning. There are plenty of restaurant options around the area and the hotel is close to the highway which is nice.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
roggcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kokomo, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for your recent response about your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott. We value our Guest's comments and suggestions and take them very seriously. We hope to see you the next time you are in the Kokomo area.
Courtyard by Marriott Kokomo
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I arrived at Courtyard Marriott (411 Kentucky Drive,Kokomo, IN) to check in to my hotel room which was reserved and paid for through priceline.com. We arrived at approximately 9:00 pm. No one was at the check in counter. We rang the small bell that was at the front desk, and even hollered to the office thinking that someone was likely there. At exactly 9:13 pm (according to phone records) I called the main line of the hotel to see if I could let someone know we needed checked in. We got no answer. At 9:18 pm, I called the corporate offices for Marriott, and spoke with a customer service representative who also tried to get ahold of someone at the hotel. at 9:30, while still on the phone with Corporate. The 'Manager on Duty" Michelle arrived, and asked if we were there to check in. I stayed on phone with corporate while my boyfriend check us in. We got no apology, and no explanation why we had waited nearly 30 minutes. After receiving our room key we went outside to get our bags, where we saw another Marriott employee standing outside smoking. When we passed by the front desk again to go up to our room, Michelle yelled at my boyfriend and said that we were liars for having told corporate we waited 25 minutes. Upon getting up to our room, we were so uncomfortable that we decided not to stay. In addition to the hostile behavior from the manager, the bed was also VERY uncomfortable. We got our bags, and headed down to the lobby. I returned the room keys to Michelle, and explained to her the situation, We were uncomfortable and would like a refund for the room. I informed her we were going next door to the Holiday Inn, and she told me that she was unable to do a refund, but she believed the manager on duty after her knew how to do it. Michelle even offered to call me when she was off duty at 11pm to let me know she had told the next manager what to do about our refund. I was told by the corporate office that I would receive a phone call from the general manager, and I never did, and I have now left him a message as well. I made a complaint to the better business bureau as well, as I have heard no status of a refund or any compensation to make this horrible customer service experience right.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Julie111983
roggcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kokomo, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your response on your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Kokomo. This issue has been address and taken care of. We appologize for any inconvience. We hope to see you the next time you are in the Kokomo area.
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Very nice but they charged extra for a continental breakfast that was only slightly better than what everyone else's free breakfast. Remodeled and nice but the tub was a little rough. Very nice staff and room overall.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for your reponse on your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Kokomo. We love to hear from our guest and listen to your responses about your stay. We hope to see you the next time you are in the Kokomo area.
Rick Ogg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kokomo
Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo
Comfort Inn Kokomo
#5 of 10 in Kokomo
Days Inn & Suites Kokomo
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport

Been to Courtyard Kokomo? Share your experiences!