“Noisy, smoky”

Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Kokomo
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were supposed to stay here two nights but left after one. The walls and door are too thin and there was way too much noise in the hallway. The sounds of people talking and doors opening and closing were so loud that our door might as well have been open. I've never had such a terrible night's sleep in a hotel.

Additionally, even though it's a non-smoking hotel, the hallway smelled of smoke. As we approached our entrance door, 3 or 4 hotel employees were gathered outside the door smoking...right next to the sign that said it was a law to be at least 8 feet away from the entrance! The smoke inevitably carried into the building and the entire hallway reeked!

The only positive about this hotel was that we could bring our dog, but frankly it wasn't worth it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly the disruptive noises coming from the guests near your room.

It is through feedback like yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we have addressed proper smoking areas with our staff as well as the contractors that we have working at our hotel currently.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The lobby and breakfast area at this Hampton Inn in Kokomo, Indiana has recently been beautifully and tastefully remodeled in subtle colors with comfortable furniture. Both my husband and I were pleasantly surprised at this new decor since the hallways outside of the guest rooms at this hotel were remodeled last year in a very bright green color scheme that is not our taste. Nonetheless, we stay at this hotel on business at least nine times each year and would recommend it to anyone visiting Kokomo or the surrounding area. All in all, it is a good value with the consistency that is Hampton Inn.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for noticing our improvements! We are working on guest rooms now and hopefully during your next visit you will see the elements of the lobby, hallways and rooms all compliment the others. We are very excited to have our entire hotel completed!

Thanks again for the great review and for being a loyal guest!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Hampton are my Hotel of choice when traveling.. just passing thru. This Hotel staff goes above and beyond to make sure everything is right. Beware of the difficulty in seeing the sign though. During this time of year, if you are traveling North, it is totally hidden. The hotel is on the south end of town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank goodweathertraveler

There are some unruly trees that can block our sign during this time of the year. I apologize that they are not ours to trim up. We are getting a new sign very soon and I am hoping that it will be a little brighter to help with visibility.

Thanks for a great review and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

In my travels Hampton Inn proved to be a safe bet everywhere. Always friendly staff, clean rooms, great and free wifi service.

A critical note: I would prefer to be informed about any on-going construction at the time of booking, if it affects the availability of any amenities. E.g., pool was closed for renovation during my stay. Not a big loss for me, but I'd like to know anyway.

A note about a "free dinner" offered at that location during my stay. It was terrible....Drinks were honest good wine and beer - great! But the food was barely edible, if at all.
So if you skip the dinner and don't care about the pool - this place is awesome.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

We appreciate your feedback and the good news is that our pool is open and newly remodeled! I do apologize that you were mislead that our evening drinks and snacks were a dinner. Maybe during your next visit we can make a recommendation for one of our great local flavor restaurants for a better dining experience. Again thank you for the review and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a dog show May 17 - 19. This is a great hotel whether you are travling with pets or not. The room was very clean and the bed was great. The breakfast had all you could need from scrambled eggs, bacon, french toast sticks, toast, doughnuts and more. Over all a great hotel and we will stay here again if visiting again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review! I will pass along your compliments to our staff regarding your experience as well.

Thanks again, hopefully your travels bring you back to Kokomo!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I highly recommend not staying at this hotel until their construction is complete. I was put into a room on the first floor right next to the pool, which was being worked on while I was there. The workers began sanding and scraping the wall adjacent to my room at 9:30 both nights I was there and did not stop under I called the front desk twice. The second night I called, I told the front desk staff about the noise and she responded rudely, "so you want me to tell them to stop?" No because I enjoy paying $100/night here to not get any sleep. The hotel still advertises having a pool although it is nowhere close to complete. I was also apprehensive parking my car anywhere close to the building because it was surrounded by scaffolding. Overall, extremely overpriced for the quality of my stay and I will not be staying here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you were inconvenienced by some of the construction you experienced while staying with us. As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I do regret if this caused you any inconveniences. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. I hope that you will come back to visit once our construction work is complete. The entire hotel is going to look as good as the lobby does.

Thanks again for you patience,

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Despite the fact the pool was unavailable and the rooms were not equipped with in-room refrigerator and microwave (found in most other Hampton Inns), the accomodations were more than adequate for a 1 night business trip. However the missing ammenities may have been more off-putting for a multi-night stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

We appreciate your understanding while we renovate our pool area. When it reopens later this week it will have a fresh new look like the rest of our public areas. If you do decide to come for an exended period of time we do have suites with full kitchens available for just a few dollars more per night. If upgrading to a suite is not an option we do have a few portable fridge/micro units that are available on a first come first serve basis. Our goal is to insure your experience with us is a great one. If there is anything that will make you more comfortable please do not hesitate to let us know.

Tammie Bock

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kokomo
Courtyard Kokomo
Comfort Inn Kokomo
#5 of 10 in Kokomo
Days Inn & Suites Kokomo
Best Western Circus City Inn

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo? Share your experiences!