“Kind staff and comfortable stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Kokomo
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff is super friendly,the hotel is well located & equipped for work purposes. They have complimentary breakfast,coffee, cookies, and a couple of free sodas,wine or beer each day. We stayed there for 5 days and our stay was very comfortable.The lobby was being remodeled so at the time we got there it was very cold in there for about a day or two. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are very clean, though one of the walls needed some remodeling due to moisture, but it was after reeeally looking for a deffect. I would absolutely return here

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Our lobby looks great now so all of the construction pain was definitely worth it. We appreciate you being patient and understanding of our project. We have now started on our guest rooms so hopefully the next time you visit us you will have a beautiful brand new remodeled room to go along with the lobby!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. The hotel is being remodeled and looks great. A little construction in the lobby but it was neat and clean. Our room was clean and quite. Loved the larger bathroom. No heater or outside noises disturbing your sleep. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend the this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Patty L
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review! Our lobby is looking fantastic with all of the new updates. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We recently got married in Kokomo and most of our guest were from out of town. We booked a block of rooms for 2 nights and our experience was the worst possible way to end our special weekend. Our car was broken into in the parking lot (which apparently has no security cameras). To make things worse one of our guest reported strange activity to the night time employee on duty and asked them to call the cops, this was at about 2am. The employee told our guest that they have had trouble with a "peeping Tom" and that she was sure that was all that it was. She also stated that since she goes outside to smoke every now and then that she would notice if something was going on. SHE DID NOT CALL THE POLICE. The next morning when we went to leave we discovered that our car was broken into and the many of our wedding gifts had been stolen. We then had to call the cops to report the incident. After filing a police report hotel management told us there was nothing they could do because we filed a police report and that once that happened it was out of there hands. There are so many things wrong with this whole situation that I am sure some of you who read this wont believe me, but I promise it's all true. A GUEST REPORTED A PROBLEM AND STAFF DID NOTHING!!! APPARENTLY A PEEPING TOM IS NOT A BIG DEAL!!! SORRY YOUR WEDDING GIFTS WERE STOLEN BUT SINCE YOUR STAY IS OVER AND YOU FILED A POLICE REPORT- GOODBYE!!! I will never stay at another Hampton!!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I sincerely apologize for your unfortunate incident at our hotel and appreciate your feedback. Our number one priority is the health and safety of our guests and I am so sorry that your car was broken into and your wedding gifts stolen. I sincerely apologize for this unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this incident to my attention and allowing me to follow up with our hotel team. If I can assist you further, please let me know. Thank you.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

There is no hot tub and there were over 30 kids in the pool when we were there and all the parents were gettin drunk on pool deck. The staff did nothing to stop the drinking, even though there are signs posted about no drinking in pool area. We were there for a family weekend. Wished I would have picked a different hotel. When I complained about all the drinking, I was informed by the staff that people who want to drink are goin too, so pretty much the posted pool rules are just to look at, not to follow or be enforced.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you had some issues that inconvenienced you during your stay. I sincerely apologize if some of our guests were rowdy during your family weekend getaway. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention so that I can follow-up with our management team. Our main priority is for the satisfaction of our guests and I assure you that I will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

I hope that us invoking our 100% guarantee for your stay assured you that we are committed to your satisfaction. We would love the opportunity to prove that our staff is customer experience focused if you are ever in town again.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The room was very clean and the staff was very helpful. Some construction going on in the lobby area, but things were still neat and well kept. The bed was very comfortable. The restroom was also very clean. I guess I am saying things were clean if that is important to you. Thanks

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thanks for the great review and your understanding of our renovation project. Our lobby is scheduled to be completed in the next few days and we are all very excited to have our beautiful lobby back. I will pass along your compliments to our wonderful housekeeping staff. Hopefully you will get to visit us again soon so you can experience the finished product!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is very clean. They have wonderful people manning the place. As of this review they are remodeling everything in phases. Unfortunately, they had not gotten to our room yet. The decor was odd (Cheetahs and Mark Twain on the walls, for example)the fabrics and textures mismatched, but it was very, very clean and the staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. They left a welcome note, had the lights on, put cookies in the room...Note: They are taking out the hot tub by the heated pool and it is drained. Don't blame them, blame ADA regulations - they have no room to expand to put in a lift. That was the answer when I asked. After remodeling I believe this will be a very nice Hampton Inn (except for the loss of the hot tub.)

Room Tip: Ask for a newly remodeled room. Rooms in the back look over a little river.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

First of all, thank you for the review our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you thought that our property was somewhat dated and that some of our fabrics and textures are mismatched. As you know we are currently in the process of renovating our hotel and I can assure you that your feedback will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel. Our main priority is for our guests to leave our property with a good impression and I truly apologize that we could not deliver this for you. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again and you can enjoy our new beautifully renovated hotel minus the outdated cheetah and Mark Twain prints!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here for a night on business, picked this Hampton based on the TA reviews and generally find Hampton Inns are solid places to stay. The room was nice and clean, the bed comfortable, a very nice large HDTV with a lot of HD channels, and the breakfast was good. The lobby and breakfast area are being renovated and the staff was doing their best to accommodate everyone. Would stay here again, especially after the renovation is done in a few weeks, but it did not affect my stay too much.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your patience during our renovation project is very much appreciated. We are very excited about all of the wonderful changes happening in our hotel right now! Hopefully you will get to visit us again soon to see the finished project.

Tammie Bock,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kokomo
Courtyard Kokomo
Comfort Inn Kokomo
#4 of 10 in Kokomo
Days Inn & Suites Kokomo
Best Western Circus City Inn

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo? Share your experiences!