“Clean and Friendly”

Holiday Inn Express Kokomo
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Kokomo
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I booked a trip Sunday-Thursday for work. The hotel is easy to get to, its right off the main drag here in Kokomo. It's near quite a few restaurants, gas stations, mall, etc. Very close to whatever you may need to do.
I checked in Sunday at around 7pm. They were very informative about my stay, and gave me two complimentary bottles of water to take to my room. Upon entering my room, it was a pretty nice sized room with a jacuzzi tub/shower. Bathroom was nice, aside from the fact the floor tiles have cracked. They seem to like to pop up out the of the floor and I've stumbled a few times from them getting caught on me. They could do with possibly making sure they keep up with their rooms, rather than ignoring that issue.
The room itself is very clean though, housekeeping does a great job of cleaning and restocking my linens. The bed is comfortable, and they give you enough pillows to keep you comfortable. The heater/air conditioner is pretty quiet. They have a nice little kitchenette area with a mini fridge, table/chairs, with a large counter, coffee pot, plastic plates/silverware and Microwave with multiple cupboards.
It is definitely a quiet area, I've slept great. Their continental breakfast is very good, they have a warm bar of food. I had cheese omelettes one day with sausage patties. The next day they had Cheese Omelettes with Bisquits and Sausage Gravy. They also had a day with Scrambled Eggs, Bacon and Bisquits. They offer a pancake maker as well, which I didn't use. Cereal, juices, bread, donuts, cinnnamon rolls, etc were all available there as well.
The pool is quite small, and their gym isn't very large. They however have a deal with a Fitness Center right down the street from them, which is a Powerhouse Gym I believe. They offer a lot of fitness equipment if your looking to hit the gym after a day of work.
Overall, this hotel is worth the stay and is clean and easy to access. I give my recommendation on staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
skv62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

I am so glad we were able to accommodate you during your stay. We strive to be a clean, friendly hotel and it appears we were successful during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have over 25 nights at this same hotel with a gold elite status. I made reservations at the front desk prior to leaving Kokomo on Friday May, 24th 2013. I have a copy of my confirmation number 61065481 which I have attached. When I arrived to check in at the hotel I was told that there was no reservation. I ended up having to go find a hotel room on my own to stay at. I ended up checking my priority membership- and the reservation that didn't exist was still there. I had to call because the reservation was made with my credit card and I did not wish to be charged for not showing up to a place that sent me away.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent response and we take it very seriously. We apologize for your inconvenience. We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Driving from Alabama to Michigan, we stopped in Kokomo, IN for the night. Several options were available to us with a very small area, but the HI Express was a bit more off the road. We couldn't have been more happy with our selection. Away from the main traffic, the hotel was a quiet oasis. The staff was very friendly and helpful and pointed out several eateries within short walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
skv62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for taking time to relay your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I do understand that you have several choices of Hotels in the area and I am pleased you decided to stay at ours. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We checked into this hotel after a long day on on the road. The front desk clerk was friendly, and helped us get checked in quickly. He directed us to local restaurants, and offered us a wake up call. Our room was clean and very comfortable. The bed was bed, especially was a welcome sight to weary travellers. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who may check in there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
skv62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your business and it is good to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stay here quit often due to work. It is pleasant enough, however, John is the icing on the ho-hum cake. This nightly worker goes out of his way to help hotel customers more than any other of the front desk staff. Since I stay here often, I do see more than the average Hotel guest. I see the other front desk personal sitting on the job, talking to one another, not cleaning and sometimes being down right rude to customers as well as one another. However, John is always friendly. I am always seeing him do what other workers do not want to do, for the job or for customers. This hotel in convenient, easy to get to, clean, and adequate. However, John's customer service is that of a 4 to 5 star hotel and he is what makes this rating excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JoshuaB175
skv62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I do understand that you have several choices of Hotels in the area and I am pleased you stay with us. Thank you for your comments about John and I will pass it along. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Good customer service is hard to find, but we found it at the Holiday Inn Express in Kokomo. We were there for a conference and the staff was very accomodating to our group. The rooms were clean, which is a HUGE plus these days. We were able to get early check-ins for many in our group and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
skv62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Catheryne P,
I am so glad we were able to accomodate you during your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Kokomo. We strive to be a clean, friendly hotel and it appears we were successful during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very comfortable bed, quiet, and VERY friendly staff! Definitely nicest option in Kokomo. Wireless internet was fast, bathroom was clean and enough room to spread out. We arrived late, and the person at the front desk had us checked in and up in our room in less than 10 minutes. Great bargain for VERY nice hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
skv62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

I am so gld we were able to accomodate you during your stay. We strive to be a clean, friendly hotel and it appears we were successful during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Sara Viney