“Disappointed”
Review of Drakes Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Drakes Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We had eaten T Dave's before and it was okay. My husband had fish and it was very good. I had the steak, it was cooked perfectly but had no seasoning. After seeing pictures on Facebook of "his" food offerings, we decided to give it another try. Much to our dismay the pizza looked nothing like the pictures. It had what my husband refers to as "rat turd" sausage which was really ground like hamburger. It wasn't hot when we got it. It had small pepperoni. I asked for parm cheese and was given some in a small bowl and no spoon. Where are the shakers? To say the least, the best part of the meal was the frozen cheese sticks and jar marinara.

On a brighter note. The waitress wS attentive and service was prompt. They were playing Blues music which is our favorite. Won't eat here again. Epic Fail

1  Thank TraceyD327

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We came after seeing this restaurant in Heartland Magazine and we thought we would try. Wrong. We ordered the catfish nuggets, bbq beans, mashed potatoes with gravy as well as chicken fajitas. Chicken was dry and only one breast cut up and not seasoned with peppers & onions ( they came on the side). Catfish was ok but mashed potatoes was awful and the gravy was watery. The bbq beans tasted as they came from a can. Waitress was nice and prompt but smoked directly outside the front door. My hope is the owner will take these reviews to heart and make some changes.

1  Thank bpbliss-6
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I decided to try Drakes after reading that they specialized in BBQ food. We were really disappointing in the taste and quality of the food. The rib tips that I had tasted like leftovers warmed up in a microwave. We asked if they made their onion rings and was told by the waitress that they did. I have never seen onion rings made of minced onions and all perfectly round that were homemade. The waitress was very nice, but did not seem to know the menu all that well. She was kind enough to bring us out samples of their BBQ sauces to try even though I think they should have bottles of the sauces available at the tables. They also need a drink menu. We thought we smelled cigarette smoke when we entered and asked if it was a smoke free restaurant and was told yes it was. It took us a little while to figure out the smoke, but we think there were people smoking in the entry way instead of going outside. Do not know if they were employees or just people hanging out. It was not very nice to have to walk through the area.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Like the title says, 'Awful Food', they should just try to be a mediocre bar with their moderate drink selection and at least have a drink menu or completely restructure their restaurant. This place should be on the show Kitchen Nightmares. Went there for the first time since they were offering a free meal for veterans this time of year. The servers were nice and somewhat attentive but whatever is going on in the kitchen needs to change. The free meal choices for veterans were pulled pork or baked steak and I'm glad we didn't have to pay for either. They claim to have slow smoked pork but it was flavorless and soggy, one bite and I didn't want anymore. The baked steak was flavorless too besides the instant gravy on top. The sides were definitely out of a can except for the mash potatoes which were instant mixed with sliced potatoes and it was the only edible thing to eat out of it all. Not sure what took so long to open a few cans.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

First Friday for Kokomo brings people out to see the downtown area, which means it will be busier than normal. First time we have been here and it will be the last. Took a long time for some one to wait on us, then a long time to get our drinks. At least an hour to get our food, which had been heated up in the microwave. Nothing was prepared fresh tonight. We get our bill and see the beer was $7 a piece. It was a rip off and the meal was not worth it.

We are sitting on the family dining side and they have these cheesy disco balls hanging from the ceiling and someone playing senior citizen music in the background. Suppose to be a band start at 9 but since it took so long for our food and drinks we were leaving at 9:30 and no band was playing in fact the place had empty out to about no one.

The staff was sitting out front smoking as we were leaving. Not a positive experience. I am for supporting local business but this place needs major restructure of the menu and what concept they what to project to the community. It is not working what they are going for now.

2  Thank Reader1957