“Best Beef Brisket!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have traveled through-out Texas and Tennessee, and haven't found beef brisket I like as much as Half Moon's brisket. Its very tender, and mixing their house spicy and sweet barbecue sauces with the meat is heavenly. They serve house made brew chips with their sandwiches, which at first taste a bit bitter, but with some salt taste great.

Samantha M. has always been my server at Half Moon, and she really goes above and beyond her call of waitressing duties. Friendly, fast, and thorough, Samantha will definitely compliment your Half Moon experience, so make sure to ask to sit in her section!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We dined early on a Saturday evening. The place was not crowded but felt like the waiter was in a big hurry to get us out so someone else could sit. Many open tables but a huge party was coming in some time as the tables were all set up for the party. Our order was wrong and the food nothing to write home about. We even asked the waiter for recommendation and he was pretty far off.

It will be a while before we try again. Definitely won't have the ribs as barely any meat on the very large bones.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

On my goodness, what a fun & delicious experience we had at this Kokomo brewery ! The atmosphere was friendly & unique ! Decorated with various signs made it interesting & different from most restaurants.
Now about the food --- DELICIOUS ! We can highly recommend the Pork Ribs & the Bar B Que Beef. There are various offerings of side dishes. We tried the baked potato, corn,baked beans & slaw and all were great ! Now let me mention the warm rolls served with
whipped butter & cinnamon butter that are served when you are seated --- YUMMY ! As soon as I took one bite, I knew the food here would be great !

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Dined on a twelve ounce sirloin. Tender, juicy and well seasoned. Baked potato and salad. Only $13.95. We also had the Chicken & Broccoli Carbonarra with a side salad. $13.95. Delicious! Great home made rolls and butter! Best of all was our waitress Tammy. Every restaurant wishes they had one like her! Polite and professional. Thanks Half Moon and Tammy for a wonderful lunch!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I try to make it a habit of trying the different Microbreweries while travelling. The beer here is decent, so they get high marks for that. However, they try to specialize in BBQ, and this was not very impressive.

Maybe we tried the wrong menu item, but i like BBQ and thought I would try it here. We had the Sausages, Pulled Pork, and Brisket. The sausages were not good at all, I think anyone could of served these, very bland and dry.
The Pulled Pork was OK, but not exceptional. The brisket was very good and moist. This was the highlight of the meal. Side dishes were bland, and no Mac and Cheese for a BBQ restaurant is not a good idea.

On another note, the service was fast and good. We felt as though we were being rushed so they could turn the table!

Next time I will try another series of menu items, as the people sitting next to us seemed to enjoy their burgers.