“Food Good but Disappointing Beers”

Half Moon Restaurant & Brewery
Ranked #1 of 153 Restaurants in Kokomo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Troy Michigan
“Food Good but Disappointing Beers”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Food was good. Atmosphere was a little loud, probably because this is a kid friandly place. The place had lots of large screen TVs with sports on which is what I wanted. Our group had either steaks or barbeque for dinner. The pulled pork and the ribs were very good. I recommend getting the BBQ sampler so you can choose which items to try. The steaks were juicy and cooked perfectly to taste. But, I was disappointed in the micro brews served there. I had their Moon Beam IPA and the Stoplight City Red and a taste of the Kokomonster. Each of these beers seemed to be lacking in hearty beer taste that I was expecting. They were not objectionable, but could have used more flavor.

Visited May 2013

Kokomo, Indiana
“Great food”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I live in a hotel for work during the week and this restaurant was recommended to me by the front desk clerk. I was not let down by the recommendation. In fact, I eat here on a regular basis now because the food in spectacular. It is close to where I stay and very relaxing as well.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank JoshuaB175
Indianapolis North Suburb
“Good food and service”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Party of 6 arrived about 6PM on a Saturday night. Even being busy we were seated in the 20 minutes told by hostess. We expected longer wait so went to bar area. We ordered meals and sandwiches, all were good. We didn't try the any of the brews, most of group ordered domestic bottled beer. Will go back again, maybe lunch sometime.

• Visited March 2013
Kokomo, Indiana
“Great food and service”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Half Moon is a wonderful local place to eat. We have dined there on numerous occasions and the food and servie are always first rate!!! The pulled pork is wonderful. Love having the sauce on the side. The corn souffle is to die for!!! Better than the creamed corn at Paula Deen's!!!! The flat iron steak melted in your mouth. Prices are average. Service is great!!! The pretzel sticks and cheese are a wonderful way to stasrt your meal.

• Visited March 2013
Birmingham, Michigan
“Great food”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

LOVE the rolls and flavored butter.
Good food and excellent service.
Have eaten there several times and the food is consistently good.

Visited February 2013