“Please Do Not Stay! Kept my CC # after I decided to opt out.”
Review of Astoria Inn

Astoria Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Knox
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Please Do Not Stay! Kept my CC # after I decided to opt out.”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Called prior to arriving for price and reservation. When I arrived, price was different. I ask if a kept a credit card on file, could I a pay cash at the end of stay. There answer was NO. I stay 200 plus night in hotels and this is unacceptable. I asked to see management. The owner came out and was a complete ______. I left! realizing I left my CC info with them I returned. Only to find that they had my CC # torn off the info I left and had it in his pocket! I've turned them in to the better business bureau. PLEASE NO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank John H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Got what we paid for. But for twice as much you can get a little better at the holiday inn at Plymouth. We stayed there. It sucked just as bad.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank wcollins75

Travelers are raving about these Knox hotels

Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2012

i go there every year for thanksgiving-Mike has always worked with me on the price I dont know what people are expecting He doesnt have a full staff because he isnt that busy. My room has always been clean the pool isnt ran daily because he just isnt that busy. its very expensive to run a pool he has always offered to get it going for me---I dont think people give him enough credit its a motel in knox indiana people should be proud to have it.

Room Tip: I prefer the bottom floor
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rose44130
Nevada, Missouri
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel, had ANTS crawling on my nightstand and in my bed, told and showed them lady smiled and said OHH WE HAD THEM YESTERDAY, didn't do nothing. Toilet was loose not tighten down to floor. Ice machine broke was told to go see if restaurant next door would give me a cup. Went to get coffee in the morning no creamer. Hole in the screen, bugs in room.
Was not happy, try and stay somewhere else if you can. Not many choices in Knox ...but this will not be a good one.

Room Tip: Look at room before you rent it.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank donna b
Portage, Indiana
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I work at a local establishment in Knox, Indiana and the weather was so bad that it was impossible for me to get home. Unfortunately I live in Portage, Indiana at this time, and I drive 2 hours round trip. If I would have tried to get home I am sure that it would have taken me at least 2 hours due to the amount of snow we was getting an hour. I booked a one person room at the Astoria Inn, and unfortunately it is the only hotel in Knox. I paid $83 dollars and some change, and was absolutely discusted with the room. The room was absolutely filty. There was no shampoo, bar soap, or kleenex, and no blowdryer for my hair. The Mattress had holes in it, as I found out during the night. I had the worst night of my life. I could have had a better and cheaper night if I would have just slept in my car.

Room Tip: Never stay here, it will be your worst experience as far as hotels are concerned
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Peggy S
Arlington Heights, IL
Reviewed August 1, 2011

DO NOT BELIEVE what these other peiople are writing here!! They are either lies, vindidctive, or snobbish people thinking they were gonna get the Waldorf-Astoria in Knox, IN. Me and my family just stayed there last night, 7/31. We walked in the door, there was a little coffee area to the right with 2 nice tables. To the left is a nice leather couch, loveseat and chair, TV, and coffee table. At the front desk, we encountered the friendliest staff ever! We got 2 rooms, one smoking, one non for my parents. They are in their 80's, so the room was very appropriate for them. The shower had handle bars for either older or handicapped people and equipped with a fold down seat. The bathroom was big enough for a wheelchair. Our room had to 2 beds and the bathroom was smaller. I inspected both rooms and they were spotless. The towels were adequate. True, there is no ironing boards or blow dryers or flat screens, but it was very comfortable. We heard no noise, we saw no migrant workers, no unsavory characters hanging out in or out. We saw one family with kids the next day. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank chigirlaqui
knox indiana
Reviewed July 28, 2011

never would i even let my dogs stay there left there and went to the super value inn wasent the best looking or the fancyiest but much nicer people and no green swimming pool nasty motel

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank budman200828
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knox
Days Inn Plymouth
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 6 in Plymouth
Holiday Inn Express Plymouth

Been to Astoria Inn? Share your experiences!