“Dated rooms, great customer service”

Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kentland
“Dated rooms, great customer service”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very dated, air worked at times, but not consistently. Room was quiet and generally clean. No elevator and stairs were dirty. If you are looking to sleep only in this room, it will serve that purpose.

• Stayed September 2013
Patricia P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. Just to let you know we are in the process of renovating our hotel. The air conditioners work just like central air in your home once they reach a curtain tempture it shuts off and will come back on when the room heats back up. We hope that the next time you are in our area you join us for another stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel several times over the years. While it was still a HI Express, it was great. Sadly, it just continues to decline. It's not expensive, and is the only show in town, but it really just doesn't cut it anymore. This time, our reservation was wrong (which they did make right), and the room looked clean at first glance, but there were bugs skittering across the floor when we went in. I realized with horror that the shower curtain was filthy, and the beds had no mattress pads (just a threadbare sheet on the mattress--is that even legal.) Some of the staff were very friendly, but some barely acknowledged us. It's just kind of sad...it goes more downhill every time we are there, and nobody seems to care enough to stop it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Patricia P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. We care about our guest and try to give our guest the best that we offer. Please accept my apologies and i will look into the problems that occured during your stay. We are located next to the fields which can be the reason why you might have seen the insects but we have a extermatetior that comes every month. I do apoloogize that not all staff members acknowledged you and have addressed this with each one. We do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

Travelers are raving about these Kentland hotels

Hartford, Kansas, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I am from Benton county and I know not to expect a grand hotel in Kentland....but when I opened the door to my room it was very musty odor the floors were clean looking but you could see the pile up of dirt in corners and dead bugs as well...the water is very hard and that's why I chose a hotel over family but even here its very hard...you feel a film from the water....its a cheap hotel old and dated....I learned my lesson...stay with family...not worth the price...

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank AaronGoodman
Patricia P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay.Please accept my sincerest apologies. We do have a water softener in our hotel. I will address with the housekeepers the issues that you had with the room. We do hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the area visiting your family. We here at the Kentland Red Roof Inn strive to provide every guest with superior service.
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We wanted a room while driving home from our Chicago trip in the middle of the night. The girl at the front desk was very friendly and helpful! It was a relief after the busy week we had and just wanted to relax for a night or two. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. They kept it well cooled and I slept like a rock!!! Continental breakfast was not what I had hoped. Lots of cheap items, however, it fed us and we were grateful. Swimming pool needed maintainence but we were the only people in there and enjoyed it. It was a great place to get away from it all. After spending loads of money in Chicago, this place was a great value!! It served its purpose. It was not luxurious, but it definitely was a relief to spend a couple of nights here to relax before returning home!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Brighteyedmedic
Patricia P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your postive review. I will pass along to the staff the nice things that you said about us. I hope you had a nice time in chicago and glad that you stopped by our hotel. We try to give our guest the best. I'm sorry that our continental breakfast didn't meet your expectations, I will take under advisement your thoughts. We do hope that if your back in this area again that you stop in and see us again.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Checked in to a smelly and dirty room, and the continental breakfast are NASTY! maybe thats why they seem to not care! I will never go to Kentland, Indiana again!
* I love to go to Lafayette, Indiana! Lafayette is a VERY NEAT and FRIENDLY!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank christy b
Bobby S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I am sorry that your stay wasn't a good stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies I will look into the problems that you had when you was here and fix them. It is our hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.
Elizabeth, Colorado
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed at this facility for a week as we do every summer. Staying here is like visiting old friends. The hotel itself is comfortable but it is the staff that makes the stay so pleasant. The staff is professional, accommodating, and most of all friendly. Patty, Candace, Marilyn and the rest of the staff do everything to meet our needs and make our trip awesome! Thank you all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. We always look forward to seeing you every year. I will be sure to share with the other staff what you said. We like to make this your home when you are here with us. Can't wait to see you next year. Again thank you and have a good rest of the year.
Dixon, Missouri
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. It was clean, roomy, & comfortable. The desk clerk was very friendly, & helpful with both hotel matters and surrounding facilities. The continental breakfast included hot biscuits and gravy, plus assorted cereals and fruits. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: There is no elevator to the second floor if stairs might be a concern for you.