“Eceptional service”

Holiday Inn Express Kendalville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kendallville
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I would like to give recognition to all the employees of this hotel for being unusually good at their job. In particular I would like to mention two employees who go out of their way to make the stay here a pleasant one: Mr Khatri at the front desk and Nancy, the extremely nice lady that prepares our breakfast three days a week. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Location is good, hotel is clean. Breakfast is mediocre, grab the cinnamon rolls. The refrigerator in the room is loud when it clicks on, I had to unplug it and do NOT get a room on the 1st floor. VERY loud at all hours of the night/morning, it would have been nice if the front desk warned us of this. The bathroom was clean with the exception of a stained shower curtain. With all that being said, the sheets look and smell SUPER clean and the pillows are very comfortable!

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 1st floor, it is super noisy because of the front desk and pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Inocense,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm truly delighted you liked our convenient location as well as the cleanliness of our hotel. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the noise had caused you. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I recently stayed at the Kendallville, IN hotel for a wedding and I found this hotel disappointing the beds are way too firm, pillows are low low quality. The breakfast food was the horrible, they had uncooked sausages, eggs that were inedible and biscuits hard as a rock. We complained to the staff and all they said "its good, sausage cooked good" but the sausage was pink. The food was of low and unhealthy quality.Housekeeping never changed the sheets and always moved our stuff in our room. The towels were old and really rough. The ceiling was leaking in their hallway and their washing machine ruined our clothes. We had a really bad experience at this place and the some of the staff was rude at the front desk.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
CrewMom40, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Jake, I am very sorry that you were not happy with your stay here. Rest assured that I am speaking with all of my team members to ensure that your concerns are addressed. I would like to let you know that we had our maintenance team repair the leaky pipe as soon as they were able. I also apologize that we did not do a more adequate job of responding to your breakfast concerns. Our pre-cooked sausage links are always heated to a proper internal temperature to ensure their safety and healthiness. Once again, thank you for your review so that we may work hard at improving our processes for future stays.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed at this HIE in Kendalville for one night while visiting friends nearby. This was a great last minute stay; the hotel was further away than the one in Auburn but was quite a bit cheaper which made the extra 10 minute drive worth it to me.

My room was right next to the front desk so I didn't get to see much of the hotel. I didn't get a chance to use the pool, weight room, or business center so no comments there. My room was nice and clean; and had everything I was expecting. The breakfast was pretty good too, as this hotel still offers scrambled eggs and not just biscuits and gravy. They also have an automatic pancake maker which was a nice addition. Of course the cinnamon rolls that are usually found at HIE locations were excellent.

The staff was friendly and both check-in and out went smoothly. I don't visit this area very often, but if I ever do again in the future this will be my first choice. Recommend to other travellers.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

The check-in process was fast and efficient, and the best touch was the manager's reception with one free cocktail. The location is close to restaurants and a Wal-Mart. The room was huge and had 3 sheets and soft and firm pillows. Had a little trouble getting the room temp. Comfortable though.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kzooman72
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights on this trip. Have also stayed here on other trips. Will NEVER stay here again. I was triple charged for both our rooms. The staff was very, very rude. They lied directly to my face about the charges and then got extremely rude when I corrected them. Hotel is renovated. But it's like putting lipstick on a pig. Long story short, Stay somewhere else!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Brenda485, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Daniel W,
I would like to extend my gratitude to you for leaving a comment regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay with us and that there was an issue with the billing of your rooms. Please know that your comments have been discussed with the appropriate management and we will make sure that your billing issue is corrected. I am sorry that we let you down and I hope that you will except my apologies for your disappointment with us. If we can ever be of service to you again, or if you have any other questions or comments we would love to hear from you.
Warm regards,
Brenda L

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I checked in late in the evening. The lady at check-in was friendly and helpful.
When I opened the door to my room, I was overwhelmed with a stuffy smell as if the room had been closed for a year with no ventilation. I quickly turned on both air conditioners and the exhaust fan in the restroom. This did not help before I went to bed.
The next morning, I left the room and came back. When I entered the room in the morning, I noticed it still smelled stuffy but not nearly as bad. I would guess another day with the air conditioners running would make a huge improvement.
Note to hotel staff: Leave the air conditioners and/or exhaust fans on so the rooms don't smell horrible.
A small issue I noticed on the bill: An incorrect Priority Club / IHG Rewards Club membership number is on the bill. I called and the issue was resolved promptly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is used often so it doesn't smell stuffy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Brenda485, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Mike E,
I would like to thank you for the review that you left for us. Our guest's comments are very important to us. I would like to apologize for letting you down in regards to the stuffiness and smell in your room and also for the correction of your Rewards Club Membership number. I am happy to hear that we were able to resolve this issue for you. Our staff tries very hard to meet our guest's needs, and I am sorry that we have let you down. We will do our best to correct these issues in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us your comments.
Warm regards,
Brenda L

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendallville
Best Western Kendallville Inn
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 7 in Auburn
Baymont Inn & Suites Auburn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kendalville? Share your experiences!