“Excellent Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Kendalville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kendallville
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I couldn't have asked for a cleaner room, and the size was great, all the extras need away from home. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, went out of there way to help with even the smallest problems or concerns. I stayed in a Holiday Inn in Johnstown, NY asked for a pet friendly room, there was not even enough room to put the dogs create up where it was out of the way, had to fit it between two twin beds. My husband and I could not even slept together, had to climb over the dog to get around the room. The room in Kendallville had a king size bed more than enough room for a dog's create and no climbing over it if I had one in the room. Could not get over the size of the room for one person.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Karen F
Brenda485, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Karen,

Thank you very much for the warm review of our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable visit with us and that your room met your expectations in size. We strive very hard to make our guests feel comfortable during their stay with us.

Once again, we would like to extend our gratitude to you for the pleasing comments that you have given us. Our guest's comments are very important to us and it pleases us to know that we have been successful in making your stay a pleasant one.

If we can ever be of assistance to you in your next trip, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I requested a room with as little cleaning spray as possible, and a particular room was kept for us. It was clean, spacious, with frig and microwave. The breakfast had a lot of variety including scrambled eggs that tasted good, sausage, biscuits and gravy, juices, a variety of rolls, cereal, milk, yogurt, make-your-own small pancakes from a machine, and more that I don't remember.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ladylodger

Dear Ladylodger,

Thank you very much for the wonderful comments that you gave regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Kendallville. We are delighted to hear that we were able to make your stay with us enjoyable. We pride ourselves in working hard to keep our guests happy.

Our guest's comments are very valuable and important to us. Once again, I would like to extend my warmest gratitude for the pleasant review.

If there is anything that we can do to assist you on your next travels, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on business. I was politely and warmly greeted at check in by Kaila and Fallon. Both were very nice and seemed pleased that I was staying there. I had to go to the desk a couple of times for things and they were always willing to help and they were both always pleasant.

My room was very clean with a comfortable bed. Flat screen TV, comfortable bed, frig and microwave. The bathroom came with a small basket of toiletries. Toothbrush, mouthwash, toothpaste, Q-tips, cotton balls, etc. It was just a little extra I have not seen at other Holiday inn Expresses. It was a nice touch.

Breakfast is the same as every other Holiday inn Express. The hostess was very friendly. The have a small pool and hot tub.

Every day from 4-7, the hotel puts out a table full of free snacks. It also includes a free drink. Water, pop, beer, or mixed drink.

The only drawback was it was raining and I wanted to use the treadmill. It was old and not working very well.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JeffreyTravel

We would like to extend our gratitude for the nice comments that you have made regarding your stay with us. It is nice to hear that we have made your stay enjoyable, and we look forward to seeing you again in your travels. We pride ourselves in working hard to make our guests feel comfortable during their visits.

We would also like to sincerely apologize for your disappointment in the treadmill. Your feedback has been very helpful to us, and we will make every effort to improve upon the treadmill. We are saddened that we fell short of your expectations with the treadmill.

Thank you, once again, for your positive review, and we look forward to seeing you again one day. If we can help you with your next trip, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family stayed here for my brothers wedding. The rooms were clean, and spacious. The hotel had a great free breakfast lots to choose from cereal, toast, cinnamon rolls and more. The only down fall of this hotel is the indoor pool. It is a small pool but a nice pool. They also have a hot tub. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Dank94
Brenda485, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Dank94,
Thank you very much for the nice comments that you left regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will possibly return one day. We take great pride in meeting our guest's needs and making them feel comfortable while they are staying with us.
We are disappointed to hear that our pool size did not meet your expectations. However, I am happy that it was clean and ready for you to use.
We would like to extend our congratulations to your brother on his wedding. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can ever be of assistance in your future travel.
Brenda L

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel double charged my account and kept my credit card! The manager refused to call me back when they said they were going to speak to the owner about my situation. When I called back, the manager had left for the day without taking care of the situation and when I asked to speak to the owner, I could hear him in the background saying he wouldn't talk to me. The service is sloppy, and there is no accountability from the management/ownership. The hot tub was out of order, the room was filthy, and the non smoking floor was so heavily filled with cigarette smell, I could barely breathe. I would NEVER stay at this hotel unless you want to be ripped off!

Room Tip: Find a new hotel if you want a good room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Virginia L,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, IN. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Kendalville country HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS on CONVENIENT main road location. Saved by booking online with NO CANCELLATION OPTION chosen to save 15%--worth it for 2 rooms X 3nights. Smooth check-in and desk service smiles but few hiccups during stay... MULITIPLE TROUBLE with ROOM CARD KEY had to reset 2X or more TIMES during 3-night stay...minor nuisance running down to desk to fix while 95yr old mother waited frustrated.

The DOUBLE QUEEN room was FINE for me/my mom had CLIMATE CONTROL and was AMPLE... neither new nor worn out but DECENT & CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN....3rd floor LOCATION facing 45MPH road noise was not a problem for us really.

My brother/wife would have preferred single KING but none avail 3 weeks prior to stay so SINGLE QUEEN was opted for--that room did not have climate but older dial heat/air controls...not big deal...but my brother/wife didn't like seeing 2 big bugs *NOT BED TYPE* under desk area so they moved after 1st night. btw someone else got same room next day...don't know if remedy was made or not?

THE FITNESS ROOM kinda sucked...TV electric cord cut and tied tape so been broken a spell i suspect. Small room with 4 pieces of equipment 2 being for weight lifters. I made the cheap model NORDIC TRACK ELIPTICAL electronics not function & squeaked like dickens but i used anyway as it 20-min then hopped on WOBBLY CHEAP treadmill 35min that DID POWER ON & WORK...more like HOME GYM QUALITY than commercial but hey--good enough for hard core fitness...beggars can't be choosers...

POOL was out of service 2days out of 3 we were there *didn't use or see anyone using*...There was a single computer avail for use in SEPARATE ROOM MAIN FLOOR adj to FITNESS...There was NO MOUSE to ease...for fumble finger granny like me...
DAILY PAPER under door on 1st morning was 3DAYs old haha ARCHIVE... some employee got mixed up!

BREAKFAST OPTIONS hot & cold reasonable and more than most chubby folks deserve *joke*

ALL IN ALL FINE STAY....GOOD A-OK....not perfection but wasn't expecting anything more THAN THAT for 2-star quality HOTEL anywho.

Room Tip: From our 2 rooms received one had CLIMATE CONTROL while other have OLDER DIAL heat air...3rd floor f...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Yankeedoodledandee,
Thank you for the kind review that you gave regarding your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with our location, cleanliness of our hotel, and the breakfast offered. We strive hard to make our guests happy and comfortable during their stay with us.
I am disappointed to hear that you were not pleased with our Fitness Room. Rest assured that your comments are taken into consideration and we will make any adjustments necessary. Thank you once again for the review you have left us. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is ever anything we can do to assist you in your future travels.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff here was very accomodating! We booked two adjoining rooms, no problem. My brother booked one room separately, but asked to be near our rooms. No problem. I originally booked the wrong dates through a pre-pay, non-refundable website. No problem, the hotel allowed them to change our dates. Comfortable beds, spacious and clean rooms. Excellent free breakfast, including many hot items. A great value for the money!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendallville
Best Western Kendallville Inn
Quality Inn hotel in Fremont
Comfort Suites Auburn
Comfort Suites Auburn
#6 of 7 in Auburn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kendalville? Share your experiences!