“Terrible customer service”

Holiday Inn Express Kendalville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kendallville
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel double charged my account and kept my credit card! The manager refused to call me back when they said they were going to speak to the owner about my situation. When I called back, the manager had left for the day without taking care of the situation and when I asked to speak to the owner, I could hear him in the background saying he wouldn't talk to me. The service is sloppy, and there is no accountability from the management/ownership. The hot tub was out of order, the room was filthy, and the non smoking floor was so heavily filled with cigarette smell, I could barely breathe. I would NEVER stay at this hotel unless you want to be ripped off!

Room Tip: Find a new hotel if you want a good room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Virginia L,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, IN. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Kendalville

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Kendalville country HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS on CONVENIENT main road location. Saved by booking online with NO CANCELLATION OPTION chosen to save 15%--worth it for 2 rooms X 3nights. Smooth check-in and desk service smiles but few hiccups during stay... MULITIPLE TROUBLE with ROOM CARD KEY had to reset 2X or more TIMES during 3-night stay...minor nuisance running down to desk to fix while 95yr old mother waited frustrated.

The DOUBLE QUEEN room was FINE for me/my mom had CLIMATE CONTROL and was AMPLE... neither new nor worn out but DECENT & CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN....3rd floor LOCATION facing 45MPH road noise was not a problem for us really.

My brother/wife would have preferred single KING but none avail 3 weeks prior to stay so SINGLE QUEEN was opted for--that room did not have climate but older dial heat/air controls...not big deal...but my brother/wife didn't like seeing 2 big bugs *NOT BED TYPE* under desk area so they moved after 1st night. btw someone else got same room next day...don't know if remedy was made or not?

THE FITNESS ROOM kinda sucked...TV electric cord cut and tied tape so been broken a spell i suspect. Small room with 4 pieces of equipment 2 being for weight lifters. I made the cheap model NORDIC TRACK ELIPTICAL electronics not function & squeaked like dickens but i used anyway as it 20-min then hopped on WOBBLY CHEAP treadmill 35min that DID POWER ON & WORK...more like HOME GYM QUALITY than commercial but hey--good enough for hard core fitness...beggars can't be choosers...

POOL was out of service 2days out of 3 we were there *didn't use or see anyone using*...There was a single computer avail for use in SEPARATE ROOM MAIN FLOOR adj to FITNESS...There was NO MOUSE to ease...for fumble finger granny like me...
DAILY PAPER under door on 1st morning was 3DAYs old haha ARCHIVE... some employee got mixed up!

BREAKFAST OPTIONS hot & cold reasonable and more than most chubby folks deserve *joke*

ALL IN ALL FINE STAY....GOOD A-OK....not perfection but wasn't expecting anything more THAN THAT for 2-star quality HOTEL anywho.

Room Tip: From our 2 rooms received one had CLIMATE CONTROL while other have OLDER DIAL heat air...3rd floor f...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Brenda485, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Yankeedoodledandee,
Thank you for the kind review that you gave regarding your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with our location, cleanliness of our hotel, and the breakfast offered. We strive hard to make our guests happy and comfortable during their stay with us.
I am disappointed to hear that you were not pleased with our Fitness Room. Rest assured that your comments are taken into consideration and we will make any adjustments necessary. Thank you once again for the review you have left us. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is ever anything we can do to assist you in your future travels.
Warm regards,
Brenda
Executive Hotel Staff

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff here was very accomodating! We booked two adjoining rooms, no problem. My brother booked one room separately, but asked to be near our rooms. No problem. I originally booked the wrong dates through a pre-pay, non-refundable website. No problem, the hotel allowed them to change our dates. Comfortable beds, spacious and clean rooms. Excellent free breakfast, including many hot items. A great value for the money!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed for two nights this past weekend. It is located at an average location; there isn't any restaurants within walking distance. There is a Walmart across the street and a plaza with Taco Bell, Applebees, and Goody's down the road on US 6. The rooms are ok with comfortable beds and a nice room size. The walls and the ceilings are very thin, you can literally hear every footstep in the room above. The hotel offers a free breakfast buffet every morning with bagels, toast, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, ham, sausage, biscuit and gravy, donuts, and a pancake maker. There is a manager's reception from 4-7 with free cakes and snacks and complimentary drinks ranging from soft drinks to vodka to beer. The free in-room wifi is fast as well. Great stay overall.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank leep116
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Booked a room at this HIE for a night on my recent road trip. Overall it was a good stay as the hotel was small and tidy. The only issue i had was the lack of wifi as the service was not available for the night. Were promised by the front desk that the issue was being dealt with and wifi would be available but that wasn't the case.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear DandD_2008,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad to read you like our room accommodations. I apologize the experience you had with the internet service was less than satisfactory. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I arrived there the night of March 19, 2013. Since my husband died in June, 2012 this was my first big trip back to Kendallville! Very scarey experience but all of the Staff at this hotel were marvelous. First Misty, at the front desk, was so helpful. She was really more friendly and helpful than if she had been in my own family. Since it was so late, I got in a Suite which was the only room left, but I loved it. The bed was so comfortable. I had a large room with lots of tv stations on wide-screen, & lots of different tables and accessories. Other helpful staff were: Vanessa and Sandra. I'm sure there were more but I don't recall all the names. For breakfast, I mostly had skim milk and yogurt plus coffee but Nancy was so pleasant to talk with. Even the manager (owner?) was friendly. Again, I could not recommend this hotel more.
Barbara

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2013

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor I decided to stay at this HIE. From the check-in to the morning breakfast everything was top notch. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was extremely comfortable. The front desk staff went out of their way to speed my check-in and make sure I had everything I needed. The breakfast was great and there was plenty of items to chose from. This is the place to stay when in the Kendalville area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendallville
Best Western Kendallville Inn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#1 of 7 in Auburn
Quality Inn hotel in Fremont

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kendalville? Share your experiences!