“Rather Poor Experience ”

The Red Yeti Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

This was our third visit to the Red Yeti. Our first was on a Sunday morning for brunch and was a wonderful experience. Our second was about 1 month ago on a Friday afternoon and again was a very pleasant experience. (We live about 250 miles away but occasionally pass through the area during travels.) However, today’s lunch left a lot to be desired. We ask for and waited for an outside table as it was a wonderful day to be outside. After being seated, we were promptly greeted and gave drink and appetizer orders. When our drinks arrived, we gave our entree orders. (We were 2 couples and after having experienced this restaurant twice before, the gals decided to share an entree and informed our waitress of such when their order was placed.) It took a very long time to receive our Truffle Fry appetizer, but because it was so pleasant outside we tolerated the wait. Appetizer finished and more waiting for our entrees. When they finally arrived, the server asked who had ordered which entree and we promptly replied. The shared entree came with only one plate. Thinking that the kitchen was not told that two guests would be sharing the order, we asked the server if another plate could be brought to the table to ease the sharing process. He quickly gave an affirmative response. The other two entrees were the beef brisket sandwiches. Now, during our last visit, the beef brisket was ordered and delivered with an abundance of beef. So much so that it was spilling out the side of the sandwich onto the plate and the brisket was lean and tender. Well, these two sandwiches looked to be the equivalent of that order spread over two plates. There was more bun than meat. And, the meat that was there was filled with fat. About 1/4 of our servings was fat. The server did not bring the extra plate requested so we summoned our waitress and asked again for another plate. She quickly responded and went into the restaurant from the outside patio. When she reemerged, it was with a drink order for another table. We waited and waited watching our waitress go in and out of the restaurant, but never returning with our plate. I finally finished my entree and passed my plate to my wife to use to share her entree. Needless to say, my generally generous tip was waived due to poor performance in taking care of her customers.

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Unique farm to table corner restaurant. Brick walls and nice rustic feel with beautiful bar attached. Brunch was $18 and came with one of their craft beers, mimosa, Bloody Mary or any other drink. The selections on food bar were awesome. Salad, eggs, Great crispy bacon, yummy sausage gravy with biscuits, cheese grits, kale, sausage, potatoes. And OMG briscuit and amazing mac n cheese! Waffle bar and made to order omelets! The wonderful chef talked me into trying the bourbon infused vanilla and chocolate whipped cream! (I wanted a whole bowl for dessert! Imagine a yummy mouse!). Needless to say I'm sitting here wanting to go back for thirds, fourths....lol! Must try! Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 11, 2017

We walked across the Big Four Bridge to get here, and we were hungry. My husband had some kind of salad, and I had shrimp and grits. Everything was very good (although just a little bit saltier than I would prefer). The servings were good sized, enough for me to share the shrimp and grits with hubby.

Reviewed September 4, 2017

We stopped in for a quick lunch. The staff was fantastic! The meal was one of the best we had in town. We opted for small organic salads and were surprised by size. Very nice place!

Reviewed August 29, 2017

We stopped in for an early dinner. I ordered the apple pecan salad with chicken. My friend ordered the fried chicken with the vegetable of the day--corn. My salad was just ok--the house dressing was not memorable and the chicken was tough. But that was not the worst part--the salad had bacon on it--I am not a bacon fan and would have asked for it to be omitted if I had seen it, but I am ok to remove it on my own--the problem was that the bacon was undercooked and cold, so the way I found it was by biting into a chewy piece of fat. My friend's fried checking and TWO cobs of grilled corn were very good.