“Good Value”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Fremont, Ohio
“Good Value”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Paid $87 senior rate. Room was spacious and very clean. It's right off the interstate so you can get movin the next day quickly. We were not in too much a hurry so we missed breakfast but it looked like the standard stuff. The bed seemed great but my back has been ailing some since then. Wife is ok so maybe I turned wrong or something. I'd stay here again no problem.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Road Warrior
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Was a little worried when I read the reviews but decided to try it out anyway and was pleasantly surprised. Honestly, I'm not sure what the complaints are about, compared to the Comfort Inn in Evansville, IN i stayed in the other night this place was the Taj Mahal.

My room was clean, spacious and comfortable. It does sit right along side the Interstate and when your out on the parking lot it is extremely noisy but once inside your room I really didn't hear any road noise at all, that could be because my room faced the rear of the hotel as well though, I'm not sure. So if road noise is a problem for you, you may want to request a room that doesn't face the Interstate.

Location-wise there isn't much right around the hotel itself besides 2 other hotels, one of which is a seedy looking Knights Inn. It's not situated in the best area necessarily, I personally didn't feel unsafe at any time but if I were a woman traveling along I don't think I'd go out jogging at night by myself either as it is a tad sketchy in my opinion.

Traffic is pretty heavy in the AM going south crossing the bridge into Louisville so keep that in mind if your headed that way.

All the employees I encountered were friendly and professional.

Overall it was a decent stay and I would return again if I were in town. I'll call this one 3.75 stars.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Needed a early checkin and manager was very kind in honoring this request. Room was clean and loved the large flat screen tv.

• Stayed January 2012
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This hotel is not worth the amount of money it costs. First we were placed in a room that smelled musty and had mildew on the walls and the paper was peeling off. I asked for another room and they were very accomodating about moving us without a problem. Very apologetic saying they were redoing some of the rooms. Then the second room although large and clean had an odor to it that had me wanting to leave in the middle of the night. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank gjo6
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We fled to the Comfort Suites from a horrible motel. We were pleasantly surprised by the large room. The front staff was very courteous. I didn't care for the dingy comforter but only wanted to go to sleep on clean sheets.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor. Nice view of the city.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tdmt
Indiana
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I am usually very generous with reviews and place has to be really bad to get a "poor" rating from me. I did not exerpience any of the horror stories that other guests seem to have, but this place does not deserve to be #4 rated in the Jeffersonville area. It was in terrible shape for a building that is only about ten years old at the most. I know because we once stayed in the old Days Inn, (now a Knight's Inn) that part of the building was demolished to make way for the new Days Inn and this place. Our room literally had a hump in the floor. Light switches and electrical outlets were crooked. We had to slam our door to get it to latch and pull up on it to get the deadbolt to lock. The bathroom mirror was screwed into the wall through the frame with three exposed phillips screws. My wife and I were here for a couple's getaway and I asked her if she thought that maybe the owner and his brother-in-law had built that place with the help of the guys who hang out in the Home Depot parking lot. They didn't have a pool which would have been a drag for families with kids as the temp was in the mid-90's. (You can always do like we did and head to Louisville's Waterfront Park and play in the fountains to cool off.) Breakfast was so-so. They did at least serve sausage and eggs and not just muffins and carbs. The staff was friendly enough and I had no complaints about the cleanliness of the room, just its "state of maintenance". My wife who is a live-nursery manager, noticed the bag-worms on all of their dying plants outside - bad curb appeal. Having had great experiences at Comfort Suites in the past, I was pretty disappointed with this place and woudl have been upset if we were using for more than an overnight stay. You could probably do a lot better elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask to not be placed across from the elevator. It was really noisy.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Poor management, poor facilities, poor quality service. Room was not cleaned before we checked in, poor breakfast area, NO internet service.

Lots better Choice Hotels in Louisville itself...

I complained to Choice and all I got was a lame email from the Manager wanting to talk to me on the phone. What do I want to talk to him on the phone for?

I asked for a refund from Choice but I doubt I will get one.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North
No photo provided
Quality Suites
#5 of 10 in Jeffersonville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville North

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!