“A Tradition”

KingFish Restaurants
Ranked #20 of 106 Restaurants in Jeffersonville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sparta, Tennessee
“A Tradition”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We always stop at King Fish as we travel through Louisville. Lisa is our favorite server, the hush puppies are divine, the family atmosphere is inviting and the Ohio River view is unsurpassed. The coconut shrimp is a favorite.

• Visited May 2014

Denver, Colorado
“Nice View Decent Food”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

These guys have a great Happy Hour and a lot of drink specials. I sat out on the patio and enjoyed the view of downtown Louisville, KY and the Ohio river. That was special.

I ordered the "Make your own combo" which was fried seafood. How can you go wrong with fried seafood? :)

The hush puppies here are huge! About the size of a golf ball. They were great! Something I wasn't expecting.

This place was good. I'd definitely go there again.

The staff was super sweet and helpful.

Visited May 2014
Andrews, IN
“Can't find anything good to say....”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

about this place after eating there last night. My buddies and I had dinner here and although one guy thought it was great, I can't say the same. We all had eaten here several years ago and I was not impressed then and last night did not change my opinion of this place. For starters I had the clam chowder which came right out of a can. My entrée was stuffed crab and grilled shrimp with turnip greens. I have not idea what was inside the crab shells that were on the plate, but it was not anything similar to crab. The grilled shrimp were so small that I thought they would be better in a salad. The turnips were decent but not outstanding. The best part of the meal was the complimentary hush puppies. As we were leaving and I was complaining about spending $25 on a bad meal, one of my buddies remarked that he remembered the food being bad on our last visit and stuck with the seafood gumbo and salad, which he stated were acceptable. As many on this site have suggested, this place is just a small step up from Captain D's. Good seafood inland is hard to find, and this is not it.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank William J
“4/22/14 Review”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Decided to try a local riverfront seafood restaurant based on many of the TA reviews... What a surprise... I had the broiled Tuna steak, scallops and crab cakes... The Tuna steak was overcooked and dry, the only authentic thing about the "Crab Cakes" was the shell. They were 98% breadcrumbs and 2% seasoning/red pepper flakes and maybe crab. The only thing that came close to enjoyable were the bay scallops... atleast they were soaked to remove the sand. Sadly, this will be my first and last visit to the King Fish

• Visited April 2014
South Carolina
“Really good fish sandwiches...”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I have been a long time fan of KingFish before they opened a location in Jeff.
Most of the time I will always get the fish sandwich or rolled oysters when I come back to the area for a visit,both are reasonably priced and tasty.
Their tartar sauce is the best pre packaged tartar sauce I have ever had,love it.

• Visited April 2014