“O what a mistake!”

Greenwood, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“O what a mistake!”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

A group of eight golfers went to Kingfish for dinner on Wed, Aug 17, 2011. To a man, not one could say anything good about the so called seafood served at this restuarant. Most had the captains combination dinners and were very disappointed. The fish was overcooked, the shrimps were like rubber and the chowder was terrible. We would not recommend this restuarant to anyone.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Tony N

Buffalo, NY area
“Freezer Food”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I expected much more from the reviews I read about this restaurant. The atmosphere was nice with a pleasant view of the Ohio river. The menu selection along with the prices seemed reasonable and affordable. The food however was very disappointing. I should have known something was wrong when I asked the waitress how the stuffed crab was prepared. She admitted to not knowing, which is acceptable, and went to the kitchen to inquire. However when she came back after a lengthy absence she said no one in the kitchen knew. Wouldn't it make sense that SOMEONE who prepares the dish SHOULD know? Well that was clue number two. When my seafood combination plate of stuffed crab and clams was delivered to our table I realized why no one knew what was in the stuffed crab. It was obviously a typical frozen stuffed crab purchased from any local food warehouse. It was dry and overcooked. If there was any real crab meat in it I didn't notice. The clams were the same. If I were you I would walk on by this King Fish.

• Visited July 2011
Lexington, North Carolina
“A nice treat”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Good food, friendly service and a great view of downtown Louisville. Not fancy but a great location for a meal.

• Visited May 2011
Memphis, TN
“Nice view and cheap beer, that's all folks”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I went here because I was staying at a hotel in the area. It is located on the river with a great view of Louisville downtown. They had $1.50 beer special but that was the only thing about it that was good.

I should have know that a seafood restaurant in Indiana was going to be a Long John Silvers but the location on the river fooled me. I ordered a clam chowder, fried shrimp dinner with onion rings. The chowder was decent but had little taste and not sure there was any clam in it.

The shrimp were very small and the plate was filled with onion rings that I couldn't eat. The batter on everything was too thick and without taste. The served hush puppies that were cotton balls with a fried batter. Really once the fried batter was off it was a white ball of something, not sure, but I wasn't going to eat it.

The service was ok but everything with the dinner was brought out separately, 5 mins apart.

It looks like the popular special, called the Barge, a platter of fried seafood for two, was the choice of locals. I can't imagine wanting that much of their food. Those who were eating it looked like they had been there many times!

The cheap beer was the only reason to stay and the view at sunset was really nice.

• Visited February 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very poor service - we walked out. Its sad when this is what passes for a seafood restaurant in Louisville!”
Reviewed August 23, 2008