“Great alternative to downtown Louisville dining”

Buckhead Mountain Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Buckhead Mountain Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The locals always know the best spots, so when friends and I took a trip to Louisville I consulted a co-worker on a good place to eat since I knew that he grew up in the Louisville area. He sent me to Buckhead Mountain Grill and I'm glad he did! It's located just minutes away from downtown Louisville across the river.

Buckhead offers great views of the river and downtown Louisville from their patio area. Our group sat out on the patio, but the heat got so bad that we requested a move inside in the middle of our service. The waiters did not miss a beat and moved our party of seven to a nice booth inside. Very impressive and gracious!

The food is very good and the prices are reasonable!

Reviewed August 15, 2011

We had a family reunion with 71 members. We ate in a private dining room with a super view of the river & L'ville. They were gracious in providing little extra's we requested. They also set up extra tables for us to display "Memory Tables" of our family. They had a tv for us to show family movies. Buckhead's is one of the few places to serve large groups & give separate checks. The deck was fantastic !! We got some great family pic's on the deck. We did order from a special menu, I'm guessing that is why our food was not good. I ordered pork chops which were nice in size, but I couldn't eat them. No one could. I should have known because when I bowed over them at prayer the burnt smell was nauseating, the green beans were right out of the can with zero seasoning. Loved the view, great for large groups, but food was horrible.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Good view - the server was good but the kitchen was really slow. The food was fair to poor. It was a nice atmosphere. The burgers and appetizers may be better than the pork or chicken.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

We went here on the Friday night of the 4th of July weekend and expected it to be crowded. It was also a little later in the evening. My brother called and asked to make reservations and was told it would be in an hour. What they didn't tell him is that it would take an hour once we came in. So we waited an hour and went, then they told us it would take an hour from the time we came in. Having been in a car for 10 hours, my husband and I were ready for an adult beverage and decided to wait at the bar. I spotted a horsehead shaped tap and read what it was. Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. I asked the bartender what it was like, if it was light or dark and she answered in a friendly manner so I tried it. Oh my goodness! It was very good! I loved the glass and they sold it to me for $5. After I finished my first ale and had gotten another our table was finally ready. There were 14 of us, I think. Drink orders were taken quickly, but that is all that was quick. To be fair, they were quite busy. The staff was friendly and did check on us and took our food orders quickly. The food took forever to arrive, but once it did...ooh la la! I had a steak sandwich that was to die for. All of the food was great. All in all, I will go there next time I'm in Indiana. It will be in a smaller group and we'll probably just sit at the bar.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Service.. a little slow, but ok..
Price... average
Food... YUCK! Burgers were very thin, kids wouldn't even eat the nuggets, pot pie was better buying a frozen one, and hubby's Kentucky hot brown was pretty gross. Guess that's why there were seats available on a Saturday evening.. lol.. waste of a good evening though.