“Bg Portions and Constant Service”
Review of Rocky's Sub Pub

Rocky's Sub Pub
Ranked #14 of 113 Restaurants in Jeffersonville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I found this place a bit by accident. I was looking for a restaurant on the banks of the Ohio and stumbled upon Rocky's. The view of the bridge at night and the lights reflecting on the water was very nice. I was seated near a window so I could keep that view in sight while I enjoyed my meal, which I did, thoroughly. I had a great little salad and some wonderful bread ahead of the meal. Then I savored the sweet marinara sauce on my linguine and clams. This is not great food, but it very good, and there's lots of it. Even the bottled beer was 16oz. rather than the standard 12oz. size. And I never wondered where the waiter was. If you are ever on the north side of the Ohio River across from Louisville, this is a great choice for a meal.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Went late on a Saturday evening, seated fairly quickly. Have been here before, and the food is great. Our server seemed a bit overwhelmed, but did get better as some of his tables started to leave.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

What can I say. If you don't live in the Louisville, Southern Indiana area you probably aren't aware of the Insight commerical I am talking about. Basically, it speeds up service in a restuarant.
The best part of the Rocky's experience was the short period of time to wait to be setted and the young girl who setted us. It was downhill from there. As we were being setted, a waitress came up to our table and without even asking, pulled a chair and took to another table. We weren't going to need the chair, but I do believe protocal is to ask the people at the table if they mind. Next, the table were so close to each other that my daughter was hit in the back by another patron moving chairs around. the waiter approach appearing very rushed, then when serving our table the salads, could not take his eyes off the television ball game being played. Along with that bringing the wrong dressing for the salad. Thankfully, dinner was good. Before we were half way finished with our dinner, we were ask if we needed to go boxes, which were brought immediately along with the check. As we were getting ready to leave, just standing to leave to be specific, the manager approached our table and took another chair, then as I turned, the person who cleans the tables was standing at our table and started to clear away the dishes. Will I ever eat at this establishment again, only if I am out voted. Food again, was very good. But service lacked alot.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I dont' understand the bad reviews on this place...I guess we just lucked out and ended up with a really friendly and attentive waitress. While this is no "authentic" Italian restaurant, I really enjoyed the bread with romano/olive oil dip and I LOVED the four cheese ravioli as my entree. Their marinara sauce is really good and has a sweetness to it. I like this place better than the other "Italian" chain restaurant. I only wished that Rocky's was closer to Cincinnati!

1  Thank Fancy24
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I love this pizza and they always have a good selection of craft brews on draught. Last 3 days of the month they run a special on draughts. Other then the pizza and the bread, I haven't been impressed (veal parm was tough, fish was dry). Service is hit and miss. But for a couple of beers with a nice view and good pizza, rocky's is recommended.