“Very dirty.....” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Raleigh
“Very dirty.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I was traveling with a dog and was not going to make it to my destination so this was a last minute stay at this motel. I had stayed at different Motel 6's before and knew that they took pets without a large pet fee or non-refundable deposit. In the past I had good experience with Motel 6.

This location is by far the worst motel I have seen. I gave it two stars only because the staff was very friendly from the time I called to reserve the room to check out. However, this motel is extremely dirty, smelly, and nasty!

The room smelled like a cat litter box and an ashtray. The carpet was so stained that one could not detect the original color. I do not think the carpet had ever been cleaned. I did not feel as though I could take my shoes off to walk around. The bedspread was stained on the top and underside. When I pulled the sheets back, there was either dog or cat fur between the sheets, which made it look like the sheets had not been changed since the last customer. There was something crusted on one of the towels. It was so gross that I went to the car and got out my emergency blanket to use to sleep with. Unfortunately there was no where else in town that I could stay that would accept a dog.

At checkout the manager was there and he asked about a my stay, so I told him everything. He seemed genuinely concerned and said he was new and trying to improve things. I told him the best thing to do would be a total renovation or tear it down and start over.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Memphis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Rooms were very nasty! Floors were so bad you couldn't take your shoes off. Bathrooms were discussing & there was dog food in the overflow of the sink. Had to strip the beds down to bottom sheets and sleep in our clothes. Yellow spots all over beds, sheets & pillows! Mold on the walls and doors & under the beds had never been cleaned! Couldn't use some of the lights because they had shorts in them & were sizzling! Worst Motel I have ever seen!!! No excuse for rooms like this, Motel 6 should be ashamed!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Billie C
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Louisville N - Jeffersonville, responded to this review, November 13, 2013

Travelers are raving about these Jeffersonville hotels

Victorville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

There were people in the room next to us that were smoking marijuana and yelling off the balcony. Rooms were disgusting. There was what looked like blood splattered on the ceiling! We immediately went to the office to get our money back and leave! When we were loading our stuff back into our car, 3 police cars pulled up and the officers took off running to the room that was next to ours! Very dangerous place!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Louisville N - Jeffersonville, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear H22H - We sincerely apologize for the unwelcoming environment, cleanliness and disturbances you found upon your arrival at Motel 6. Thank you for sharing your feedback; we take it very seriously and will take it into consideration as we work to improve our guests' experience with us.
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I noticed as soon as we opened to door to the room that it had been smoked in recently and it was a nonsmoking room. As we were looking for a light switch we saw that the smoke alarm had been covered with a plastic bag. This looked very dangerous to say the least. I called down to the front desk and told the clerk that we would not be staying as we had to have a nonsmoking room due to my husband asthma and I did not feel safe in that room. He told me that the bag on the smoke alarm happens a lot and so did smoking in the rooms. Never did he offer a different room or any sort of apology. We were able to find a different hotel for the 2 nights we had booked and the desk clerk at the new hotel informed me that people come to the new hotel from the motel 6 a lot. Will never stay at motel 6 again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Dear Heather H - Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We sincerely apologize for the odor and service issues you encountered at Motel 6; these issues are not consistent with our standards for quality. We take your feedback very seriously and will take it into consideration as we work to improve our guests' experience with us.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We usually stay at Motel 6 because we travel with dogs and this was the worst one we've had so far. After asking for a room for 3 adults, we got a room with only one bed so I slept on the floor (which wasn't all that clean) but due to a music event in the area that weekend, we didn't have much choice. I didn't feel very comfortable walking my dog outside after dark. Didn't notice anything illegal happening, but I wasn't very comfortable here.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Holly T
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Louisville N - Jeffersonville, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Holly T - Thank you for taking the time to write you review. We apologize for your unsatisfactory stay and for the room availability issues you encountered. We take your feedback seriously and will take it into account as we work to improve our guests’ experience with us.
Fishers, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

It looked like a crack den you would see on a police drama. All sorts of vagrants outside panhandling. Paint was peeling off the wall and the room was so full of mold that my travel companion was made ill instantly.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Greeneville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The hotel was in a shady spot of town, though I don't know the rest of the area well enough to say it was especially so. There were quite a few stains inside the dresser, on the walls, and in the bathroom. It wasn't extremely dirty, per se, it just showed a lot more wear than your average hotel. The bathroom lights buzzed incessantly and the shower/sink made strange squeaking noises during use. It was fairly loud, as the walls were thin. It wasn't awful, but if you're looking for something better than a seedy motel, you'd be better off somewhere else. I personally enjoy scuzzy sleeps, so I gave it a three!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank DahliaMama
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Comfort Suites
#1 of 8 in Clarksville
4.0 of 5 stars 340 reviews
Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64

Been to Motel 6 Louisville N - Jeffersonville? Share your experiences!