“Not Well Representative of the Marriott Chain”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Reviewed April 14, 2009

I travel on business all the time and always book rooms with Marriott hotels. The picture on the website makes the hotel look like a Residence Inn. This could not be further from the truth. This hotel is more on the order of a Motel 6. But that's not the reason I am so angry. Somehow this hotel accidentally took two of the parties who were sharing rooms with other guests and created two whole new reservations for these people and charged us a "No Show" fee. They refunded us for one of the mistakes but refused to refund the second mistake. This is plain fraud and these people should not be allowed to continue business like ths. I am so done with TownPlace Suites!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank BusinessTraveler149
TownePlace S, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2015

Reviewed November 13, 2008

What a nasty dump! Upon entering our room, we had this horrible odor of stale cigarettes. The upholstered furniture is on it's last leg. Doors slam at all hours of the night so sleeping was spotty! We left to explore the city only to return to a room left just as it was upon our departure. I went down to the desk to report this. The desk clerk started explaining that because they were an extended stay resort that the rooms were not completely cleaned every day. I informed him that the room was not even entered by a maid. He asked if I needed anything so I did receive clean towels because we had left ours in the floor. The next afternoon after returning, I stopped by the front desk and used the computer. While sitting there, another guest came in and informed the staff that his dishwasher leaked and should not be used. It had emptied all over the floor. There was no offer for repair given. When we entered our room, we found that our dishwasher had also leaked all over the floor. From the looks of the cabinet bottoms, this was not the first time a leak had occured. We checked out the next day and reported the problem to the staff. About three hours later, we realized that we had left an upopened bottle of reserve bourbon that we had purchased as a gift in the room. We returned to the hotel. Two staff members immediately began searching for our gift. Twenty minutes later, the manager came out and said she had followed procedures. When questioned further, she stated that she herself had poured the bottle down the sink. We asked to see this policy but were refused. I requested to see the empty bottle but was told it was in the dumpster. I stated that I would like to see the dumpster and was threatened that if I did so, the police would be called. I do not believe that this upopened bottle was emptied in a sink drain by anyone!!! We have contacted Marriott but have gotten no compensation at all. I have never left anything in a hotel room that in such a short period of time you can not retrieve your belongings!!! We are exploring other hotel rewards programs at this time.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Gagal

Reviewed November 11, 2008

I was attending a conference at the Hyatt Regency in Louisville, and was quite happy walking across the Ohio River each day--roughly 25 minutes door to door. The room was very well equipped: full refrigerator, microwave, electric range, pots, pans, and dishes. It was quiet and comfortable. Unfortunately, the pool was not open at the time I was there, but was told that I could use the pool at a neighboring facility.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your feedback. We hope to see you again when you are back in the area.

Reviewed October 29, 2008

I travel frequently on business and always use the Marriott chain where I can. I have always been very happy with the other Marriott chains I have stayed at. Unfortunately, this property is not up to Marriott standards.

All Marriott locations in the U.S. are supposed to now be smoke-free and there is a $250 cleaning charge imposed if they find out you are smoking in your room.

When I entered my room, the smell of cigarette smoke was everywhere. I immediately called the front desk to tell the general manager someone had been smoking in the room and that I didn't want to get charged $250. She simply said "Thanks, that's OK." and offered nothing else. There were definitely people smoking in their rooms all around me because the smell was in the hallway as well. I stayed for 2 nights and my room constantly smelled like smoke.

I went to make coffee the first morning and discovered the coffee pot had never been cleaned and the bottom of the pot was coated with sticky brown residue. A pile of Cheerios was also on the floor of the kitchen behind the wastebasket. There was a dirty washcloth hanging on the towel rack. Disgusting!

This hotel is full of extended stay guests; mostly construction workers. Being a single woman traveling alone, it was very disturbing to find groups of men hanging around during the day and night smoking outside of the entry doors to the building (yes, they were smoking outside too). I didn't feel particularly safe here.

The location is great--just across the river from Louisville. Other than that, I found nothing else satisfactory with this property.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed October 1, 2008

Can't say enough- excellent staff, upgrade rooms without asking, welcome letter from manager in the room- wow! Perfect location, great rooms. You have to stay here!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 30, 2008

One word~ Filthy! Toilet seat had one screw holding seat on! We asked to be moved. After waiting an hour for a room to be cleaned we moved to another room. Not any better except toilet seat was attached. bathroom had a towel that looked as if they cleaned with it and hung it up for a guest!! Dirty....smelled like animal urine......hair on sofa and floor carpet was absolutely disgusting!!...air conditioner was very loud. Furniture was very dirty. While looking out the window we noticed that the window was hanging by one hinge! Unbelievable!! I would not allow my family to stay at this hotel. What a disappointment.
This is a pitiful excuse for a Marriott. Staff was very rude when confronted with room issues. We left and went to another Marriott Residence Inn north Hurstbourne. We did not stay there as well. See that review

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed July 14, 2008

We really enjoyed our one night stay at this hotel. The staff was very nice and the room was clean. We liked the location because we were able to walk over to the Kingfish, right on the river.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Radisson Hotel Louisville North
Home2 Suites by Hilton Louisville NuLu Medical District
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Jeffersonville

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North? Share your experiences!