“Solid in spirt of a potential rough experience...”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Solid in spirt of a potential rough experience...”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This could have been a bad experience for us but overall, it worked out well.

Our room was nice and clean.

The Managment went out of there way for my prego wife and our family.

Overall, this is a good hotel but has better management. I'll take management over luxery.

2 Thank Mark S
Josh M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I wanted to say thank you so much for taking the time to write these kind words and to recognize our management team at the hotel. We greatly appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Louisville.

Josh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 6, 2013

It was my pleasure spending time at this hotel. Josh, the general manager took care of some minor things that was wrong and made them right. The location of the hotel was great. But lets talk about the staff. Josh, a great manager to deal with and presented care to us during our visit and made sure that we were okay. The check in person was great. Sorry did not remember her name but she was nice. She was also very friendly. And the location of this hotel is just across the bridge from Louisville and was convenient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank WorldTraveler2492
Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the time to say thank you so much for you response and your kind words. As a Marriott property we always strive for clean rooms and great service for each and every guest.

I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Louisville,

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here for 2013 Ironman Louisville weekend, and will stay here again if I ever come back to race here. Front desk staff was so friendly and helpful. Even on a crazy weekend, with the place at full capacity, the staff really seemed to have it together and keep their composure. My room wasn't quite ready when I checked in, but they seemed genuinely empathetic and did more than enough to make up for it. All of the Ironman athletes got special pre and post race treats. For a suite with a full kitchen that is walking distance to the transition area (25 min), the room rate here is unbeatable in Louisville or any other IronMan race. They even opened the breakfast bar early on the Saturday and Sunday of race weekend to accomdate athletes and families.

Room Tip: They seemed to have a bird problem in the parking lot. If you park in the row facing the river, exp...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Josh M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear RuntheWorld 140-6,

I want to thank you so much for staying with us and for your feedback about the hotel during this huge remarkable event in the Louisville area. I always look forward to having the Ironman competition in town as we get to meet so many incredible athletes along with hearing every ones training routines and what it takes to enter such a rigorous and amazing competition.

We enjoyed having you stay with us and we hope to see you next time for this competition.

Josh Matthews
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stopped in to this hotel which was so hard to find after getting lost four times. The hotel had a stale smell and wet type of smell. Hair in tub and stove was not working properly. On the third floor and use of the elevator was bump and jittery every trip up and down. The internet work like it was several years old and the key card for the door did not work my entire time. Had to walk several yards down and go into another door to get back in. The television was blurry and it was just not a good stay. It was not a good stay. The bed was very soft and did not get a good night sleep. Leaving the hotel is when I found out the hotel offered a shuttle. Was not told or any indications that it existed. Normally do not stop in the Louisville area while traveling to Chicago and helped me to remember why.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank WorldTraveler19999
TownePlace S, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North, responded to this review, September 12, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your feedback. We hope to see you again when you are back in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Jeffersonville hotels

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We planned a 3 day trip to Louisville Ky from Chapel Hill NC. The plans: Churchill Downs and Kentucky Derby Museum, Ali Museum, Louisville Slugger Factory Tour and Downtown Louisville.
This Hotel location in Indiana is closer to Downtown Louisville than most similar hotels in Louisville. It is within walking distance to the Ohio River. This TownePlace by Marriott is not as "fancy" as other Marriotts I have stayed in, but it is clean, the staff is accommodating and location is great. If you have a family with kids , be aware that the breakfast is not in a room where you can sit down. They do provide, juice, cereal with milk, muffins, coffee, fruit and yogurt. Would I stay here again? Certainly. ( Eat at the Blind Pig in Louisville if you have a chance- you can look at the menu online)

Dear Guest,

I wanted to say thank you so much for taking the time to send us feedback on Trip advisor along with staying with us during your trip. We do strive for Great service and Clean rooms and I always enjoy hearing great comments so that i can pass them along to the entire team at the hotel.

We hope to see you soon,

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Reserved this room three months in advance, we were going to be in Louisville for a Music festival. I called a couple days ahead of time to make sure our reservation was all good. They told me on the phone due to over booking they would need to put us in a different hotel! I had never heard of such a thing and was really upset because we had four people with us and reserved a two bedroom suite, which if we were moved to another hotel we wouldn't have had it. Plus, we chose it because of the location to the music festival. Well after a stressful night of not knowing where we would be staying they called me in the morning to let me know my reservation was still good and we could stay there. So relieved and although this did cause some stress I'm so glad we got to stay at this hotel. Wonderful, helpful and gracious staff. Complimentary breakfast decent, rooms very clean and beds were very comfortable. Flat screen t.v. in every room. And a cute little kitchen. It was a little loud late at night but not a big deal. Pool is a little small but good enough. Loved the free shuttle. All in all wonderful experience and am planning to reserve same type of room next year. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Julie W
Dear Valued guest,

I am so glad that you found time to travel to Louisville and enjoy the wonderful area and the great music that was going on in town. The area has so many things going on every weekend that it does keep you jumping around but that's what so fantastic about the area. I greatly appreciate the time you took to let us know how you enjoyed the music in the area along with letting us know how you had an enjoyable stay with us as we always look forward to feedback from our guests.

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here for Forecastle Festival and couldn't have made a better choice. They offer a great military rate for active duty! We were celebrating a birthday and put a banner on the door. Without any prompting, the house keepers brought balloons and a card! Rooms are large and convenient little kitchen. Easy to get on a bike and ride over to Louisville! We'd definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Adria116
Josh M, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest –

I am so glad that you were able to make it this weekend to enjoy all of the wonderful concerts the area had to offer. I also greatly appreciate the time you took to fill out this trip advisor report to let us know how your over all stay was. I always appreciate feedback from our guests so that we can continue to provide an enjoyable stay for everyone.

Josh Matthews
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Galt House Hotel
#27 of 96 in Louisville
Central Business District
The Brown Hotel
The Brown Hotel
#2 of 96 in Louisville
Central Business District
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Louisville Downtown

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North? Share your experiences!