“Worst Hotel Ever”

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Worst Hotel Ever”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

No hot water one day.

No maid service next day.

College kids partying until 4 AM both nights. Complained to front desk numerous times. No management, no security. It was like a frat house. A disgrace to the Marriott brand.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank godfatheroflasvegas
Josh M, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear valued Marriott Guest –

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to give us feedback on our property. I want to apologize on behalf of the hotel team and our brand for the issues that occurred during your stay for the Kentucky Oaks and Kentucky Derby. I have looked into the HOT WATER issues that you mentioned to insure that the hotel is not having any hot water issues. Upon an inspection I have been informed that everything is in good condition concerning the hotel’s boilers in both buildings that supply the hot water to the rooms. I have also reviewed the hotels staffing for the Oaks and Derby and noticed that the hotels Desk Supervisor was the Manager on Duty to over see the property later in the evenings after the General Manager left for the night. I can assure you that I will follow up with the supervisor to insure that we are handling all concerns and guest issues appropriately to insure a GREAT stay for everyone at the hotel along with a secure environment.

I would be glad to speak to you about these issues in person to insure that I have not over looked any concerns and so we can make appropriate changes as needed. During the Kentucky Oaks and Derby we try our best to insure that all of our guests are taken care of and allowed to enjoy this memorable event.

Josh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Loveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

The location was great for an easy walk to the river for the fireworks; however, considering the price we paid, the rooms were clean, but very outdated. The staff was helpful and friendly - never had any problems with them. The shower was super strong (good thing), but the bed wasn't too comfy. If we would decide to do Thunder again, we might consider staying here but that would really be the only reason we'd return. Thanks to the staff!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PuggedMama
Josh M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest –

I am so glad that you had the opportunity to visit our great location during our Kick off to the Derby festival (Thunder over Louisville). It is a great a memorable time of the year for us in the Louisville area and we have a great location to watch all of the plains fly over for the event along with the huge 30 minute fireworks display that brings people from all over to our area.

I want to thank you for staying with us and let you know that the hotel is in talks of updating per Marriott standards and requirements for our Brand in the future. Also I am taking a careful look at the beds to insure that we replace any that need to be replaced to insure a comfortable stay for you and all of our guest’s. With out valuable guests like you giving us feedback we can’t get any better, so I greatly appreciate your feedback.

I hope to meet up with you next year for this event and if I can do anything else for you in-between jut let me know.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Amazing amount of space for the price of a regular room. This location would also work well for an extended stay. Gloria, at the front desk, was particularly helpful and friendly. Several decent restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013
Josh M, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear valued guest –

I just wanted to take the time to say thank you so much for staying with us at TownPlace suites and for taking the time to give us your feedback. I can assure you that I will follow up with Gloria as she is one of our newest team members. I always like hearing things from our guests so that we can continue to improve our hotel and service levels.

Minooka, Illinois
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Back in December 2012, I stayed here for a week while doing some work nearby.

Good price, good service, and as other reviewers have mentioned, just over the bridge to Louisville, yet there are some good restaurants nearly a block away.

The hotel is an extended-stay type, and although a bit dated, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the kitchenette is pleasingly large without sacrificing space in the rest of the room. The "grab-and-go" breakfast was served in the lobby, which is a bit tight when there are a few people in there, but was convenient with coffee, cereal, fruit, pastries and yogurt.

Staff was consistently friendly, and would greet you as if they had known you for years.

All-in-all, a nice, clean, quiet place that I would seek out again should I be in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cbh5150
Josh M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Good morning –

I want to take the time and thank you for your response on TripAdvisor as I know in this day and age we are all super busy. Your comments and feedback will help us continue to focus on important parts of our hotel that impact our guests such as you. I can tell you that TownePlace Suites is looking at the breakfast areas to help improve the spacing issues. This way our guests can have a place to stretch out, enjoy their breakfast, along with allowing more time for our team to get to know our guests.

Once more thank you so much for your feedback,

Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Super location. You can even walk to Louisville's downtown attractions from here. Liked the on-site exercise room.
Liked the breakfast cereal selection.
The less than stellar rating comes from the barking dogs and permanent residents. It feels more like the 'projects' than a hotel. The residents have set up personal 'camps' on the lawns with coolers, chairs, grills and dogs. Business brings me to Louisville often but I will push to stay elsewhere next trip.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Kathi99
Dear Valued Guest –

I apologize if you had any issues during your stay with other guests in the hotel. We do strive to take care of each of our guests and insure that everyone has an enjoyable stay. We are an extended stay hotel so our guests do kickback and enjoy the area as if it was home but I will work with our team at the hotel so we can insure that this does not happen on your next visit to our location. Also we do love our pets as most of us think of them as just part of the family and travel with them so we don’t like to refuse our four legged friends. This happens on a rare occasion with pets but I do greatly appreciate your feedback so that we may also work on this issue to resolve it for you and all of our other guests.

New York City
Reviewed March 1, 2013

There was a huge convention in town so the hotel was pricier than typical, but I don't blame them for wanting to get as much as everyone else.

I mean, it's a no frills hotel but it was clean and serviceable.

The remarkable thing at this place was the staff. I have never been greeted with more friendly staff EVER at a hotel. Most of the front desk staff would greet me by name! It was amazing.

Really couldn't have been happier.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MaiaDawn
Dear Valuable Guest –

Thank you so much for the great feedback on our hotel team as we always love to hear the positive feedback that our guests have. I greatly appreciate you staying with us and being a valued guest to us and our brand.

Be sure to stop in and say Hello the next time you are in town and if I can do anything for you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Westfield, Indiana
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Recently stayed here on a Friday night and was so very delightfully surprised! The customer service was really amazing... some of the best I've experienced in some time! I'd go back on that alone, but also the rooms were nice, the kitchenette was adorable, it was close to lots of things, and I would for sure go back. Just can't say enough about the way I was treated though... TOP NOTCH!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on our hotel. We strive to give great service to all of our guests and the only way we can do this is with your feedback about your stay. I apologize about any maintenance issues you may have had during you stay no matter how minor they may have been. On the other hand I am glad to let you know that we have hired another full time maintenance team member whom is very knowledgeable. With this being said on your next stay you shouldn’t have to worry about those minor maintenance issues as we have a great maintenance team in place. They along with all of our team are striving to insure Great Guest Service is given to every one that walks in our doors.

Thank you so much for your feedback as I will pass this along to our team and if I can be of any assistance to you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Josh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Galt House Hotel
#28 of 95 in Louisville
Central Business District
The Brown Hotel
The Brown Hotel
#2 of 95 in Louisville
Central Business District
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Louisville Downtown

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North? Share your experiences!