“Great place to stay for a family reunion.”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Our family stayed here for our family reunion in Jeffersonville. We shared two studios and once suite and they were great. Clean rooms, clean pool and helpful staff. The continental breakfast was a little skimpy, but most continental breakfasts are. The reservations manager helped me in advance over the phone and was great. She returned calls promptly and helped figure out what was the best deal for my family. One party even called back to add an extra day to their stay and the staff was very helpful. I was able to earn rewards for our stay even though I didn't pay, my mom did. Our vacation was great and I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Call the hotel or go on the Marriott hotels website.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kimmelbee
TownePlace S, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your feedback. We hope to see you again when you are back in the area.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I echo the sentiments of most of the reviewers below who mention that the furnishings seem to be on their last legs and the overall iffy-ness (is that a word) of the hotel. I'm surprised this is part of the Marriott chain. I generally stay at Marriotts because they are predictably clean, safe, and attractive. The check-in staff was very nice and efficient. The free Wifi would have been a good feature except that the signal was so weak that I could not use it. The hotel was full of sports teams when we were there. We could not use the pool because of all of the kids, and there were people hanging out in the parking lots at night. I would suggest spending a few extra dollars and staying at either a nicer hotel or a B&B on the Kentucky side of the river. We ended up leaving a night early.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank geoprof71

Reviewed July 16, 2011

Air condition set on 67 and stayed hot at 76degrees through the night. Mold around the bath tub. Carpet filthy, ants in kitchen, Lamp light hanging by wires, phone was old and yellowed like a smoking room. Pay for a nice room and end up sweating on the sheets.

Room Tip: We stayed at a two bedroom queen suite. The build has a strange smell, the room had a different str...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank proreg14

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your feedback.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

We reserved two 2 bedroom suites to accommodate our family and choose this hotel for its location and because it was a Marriott. In the kitchen of each unit, we discovered dirty cups. When I took them to the front desk, I said that this was not what I expected from a Marriott. The clerk said that she would deliver clean ones to our room. When she found me at the pool, she indicated that there would be an adjustment to our bill and that I would receive some additional Marriott points. The professionalism of the staff at the Marriotts that we have stayed at is part of the reason we come back, and this hotel proved it again! There is a Marriott difference. The staff at the TownePlace Suites welcomed us, treated us as if they wanted us to come back, and we will.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank BigTrip99

Reviewed April 24, 2011

Traveled for a trade show in Louisville. Very clean suite but had dated fixtures, appliances and furniture. Suite was equipped with utensils, cooking pans, microwave, stove, fridge etc. Bathroom was clean and adequate. Free wi fi was a plus.

Check in was provided quickly by a pleasant clerk. Free coffee was offered and a sparse breakfast included fruit, cold cereal, packaged muffins and yogurt.

Check out was fast and without any issues.

Location is very convenient to downtown Lousville.

We would stay there again if no other options are available.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 17, 2010

A few glitches, but would still recommend. Price was good ($84 2 BR/1 bath suite w/ full kitchen) and location great. Simple trip across the bridge from downtown. We did several things downtown on our Day #1 (Louisville Slugger factory & museum, Muhammad Ali Museum, and Kentucky! show in performing arts bldg), then went to the hotel about rush-hour traffic time. It was not a problem. The whole complex looked nice & clean. Room was clean. We went down for the "grab & go" breakfast the first morning, but discovered that most of it had "got up and went." When I asked for more milk, the young woman at the desk said that's all they had but "we might get some more in a while." So we went to the nearest convenience store and got our own. We learned later that someone indeed had gone to get milk, but (1) why didn't they have enough on-hand for their morning crowd and (2) why didn't she tell me that someone was "definitely on the way to get some"? Staff recommended restaurant about 2 blocks away and right on the water (Buckhead's). It was great--normal American food, reasonably priced. We sat inside and had a great view of the Ohio River watching rowers & barges on the water. Shuttle van took our relatives to the airport the next morning so we didn't have to go out of our way to do it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank owassotraveler

Reviewed April 28, 2010

At first, I was disappointed that my group was staying across the Ohio River rather than the city at an itty-bitty three story hotel but I was pleasentely surprised at how amazing my experience was! I stayed at this hotel for a total of 8 days and it has been a wonderful experience! They have free coffee, tea and a mini-breakfast for guests and they have a little "fiesta" for their guests on Thursdays. The hotel staff is soooooooo KIND AND HELPFUL! Loved them! Gym was okay, only three machines but it was sufficient for me. The rooms were always clean and it was very, very comfortable! I am very picky about bathrooms and this bathroom was really good. My group did not have a rental car for the entire eight days but the hotel has FREE shuttle transportation to almost anywhere in Louisville, Clarksville or Jeffersonville. LOVVVEEEDDD ITTTT!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank aguarin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel
Home2 Suites by Hilton Louisville NuLu Medical District
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Jeffersonville

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North? Share your experiences!