“Close to downtown, ask for QUEEN beds!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville North
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here during traveling to our vacation destination. Hotel was easy to find and is nearby a few other hotels. It's actually walking distance to lots of restaurants and river walk area, too.

The room we stayed in was nice; it looked like it has been recently remodeled. My only issue with the room was that our room had 2 DOUBLE beds, not queen beds.

The indoor pool was good; we had it to ourselves during our stay. There is a cute little outdoor patio area outside the pool, as well.

Breakfast area was great! Tons of options to choose from, on a weekday, at that! The free breakfast included coffee, juice, milk, cereal, toast/bagel/English muffins, Jimmy Dean warm-up sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, make-your-own waffles, etc...

Great stay. Would stay here again...and request queen beds in our room.

If you're not up for leaving the hotel for dinner, Spinelli's delivers to the hotel and their pizzas and breadsticks are delicious!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Cerena C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at teh Fairfield Inn & Suites - Louisville North. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our offerings. I will let you know that we do not have any Queen beds, only rooms with the 2 Doubles that you mentioned. I agree that 2 Queen beds would be nice. I will put that on my wish list. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The room was more than we expected. Absolutely beautiful and modern. The colors are gorgeous. Clean. The lady at the front desk made cookies that our kids enjoyed. Sometimes a hotel lobby is deceiving. We have stayed in a lot of hotels. This hotel lobby is beautiful and so is the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Cerena C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites - Louisville North. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the kind words, we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel was clean, the staff friendly, but my second night here, did not get my wakeup call. Thank goodness I had my phone set to go off an hour later. I am a Marriott customer, so there are certian amenities you come to expect. For instance, skim milk and light and lively yogurt for breakfast. Simple and petty I know, but I had to forgo my morning milk and yogurt, as they did not have either, nor do they stock these items. Why, not sure. The room was nice and bed comfy.There are no nearby locations to go to get a different breakfast at least within walking distance. Wait, there is a Subway. Hotel is a block away from the river, with a few excellent restaurants nearby, but again I do not believe they serve breakfast, so you are a captive audience. The room was noisy, I had a continuous beating noise and I was not sure where it was coming nor do I know what caused it, I suspect it may have been coming from the TV as once I turned it off, I did not hear it. Then last night up until 11 pm, I had the pounding of someones heavy feet in the floor above. I have never had this happen at a Marriott property before. Very unusual.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Cerena C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Letzgodebbie,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am sorry that we missed the mark in a couple of areas to include the wake up call. I know how important those are and I am sorry we missed yours. I have had a several conversations with the staff to ensure this does not happen again. We do stock up on milk and yogurt, I am sorry that during your particular stay that we ran out, I can only guess we had several ball teams in house and they wiped us out. We do have limited storage for such things. Unfortunately our walls are very thin and we sometimes get those rowdy guest and heavy walkers. I try to steer folks to the third floor, sometimes this is a little quieter. Sometimes. Thank you again for letting us know how we did, so that we can fix this for our guests in the future.
Respectfully,
C. Cruz

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Good stay. Clean. Nice staff. Room was fine. Morning breakfast not so great. Not a big lobby area, but did have computer and printer for boarding passes / etc. Plan on eating somewhere else. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites - Louisville North. I am thrilled to hear that our staff met to your satisfaction. I am sorry to hear about the breakfast was less than satisfactory. This is something we continue to work on. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Pleasant surprise that hotel in Indiana is that close to Louisville's 4th Street Live which is where we wanted to go for the evening. Last time we were in Louisville, it was fall, we stayed at the downtown Marriott & walked the 1/2 mile to 4th Street. But this time (2/14/13), it was too cold to walk so we knew we were going to drive. We opted to save some money on lodging & parking & get a breakfast included so thought we'd give this hotel a try. We arrived at 5:45 PM and check in was done very quickly - room 325. Had a view of the bridge & Louisville skyline which was spectacular lit up at night. Had two beds, a stuffed chair, desk/table unit, flat screen TV, sink outside of the bathroom which I prefer, clean & comfortable. On a par with most Fairfields. Had a light/fan combo which is noisy if needed during the night. Prefer separate switches. The free wifi was very high speed. It's only 1.4 miles to 4th Street Live crossing the bridge into Louisville. Had a great night out. Fell asleep with the TV on for a while as I couldn't find a sleep timer on the remote in the darkened room. (Note to self, check those things out before you have any bourbons in Louisville.) Wasn't an overly noisy hotel.

The breakfast room was spacious with a very friendly lady helper. They had the standard microwave breakfast sandwiches, waffle maker, yogurt, fruit cups, hard boiled eggs (on request??), muffins, bagels, toast, oatmeal, juice, coffee. Nothing exceptional; but a good start to the next day. Would definitely stay here again when passing through this area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had a late flight to Louisville and stayed one night and a day. I would go back. I liked the location, parks close, places to run, short drive to Louisville. The staff was friendly but but not overly attentive, which was good but also it felt that they had better things to do on the computer. Breakfast was CROWDED, with no seats. We carried food to our room. Overall a decent value.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife attended a convention at the Seelbach Hilton in downtown Louisville. I had no desire to stay downtown in that old historic building, so we chose this property across the river. The room was small, yet comfortable, right next to the elevator. Had concerns about the location of the room, but never noticed any noise. Pool was small, but not overly cold, Spa was old, but a perfect temperature and towels were usually available, without having to ask at the desk. Computer in lobby was horribly slow, but adequate for checking e-mail and finding directions. Staff was helpful with all requests. Typical breakfast for a Fairfield, but all 3 days we stayed the food was exactly the same. Elevator had a tendency to "bottom out" when going down. All in all, we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Galt House Hotel
#30 of 98 in Louisville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Louisville Downtown
Aloft Louisville Downtown
Aloft Louisville Downtown
#23 of 98 in Louisville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville Downtown

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville North? Share your experiences!